Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiplayer Mission Loading Times Still Very Slow

Nira

As the title says, when joining missions with other players my loading times are very, very slow, and have been since U15 was first implemented. I was doing a few derelict vault runs last night and the mission was literally half-finished by the time I'd spawned in. The frame rate in the load screen is 10 or less for most of the loading time, then it hitches around 70% progress and drops to 0 FPS for about 10-20 seconds. The whole process can take as much as several minutes.

Loading times are drastically quicker when I play solo, and when I'm actually in the mission (solo or co-op), the game runs just as smoothly as pre-U15. I've tried other online games/activities on my home network and they run fine, so don't think the problem is on my end.

I've fiddled around with DirectX and Vsync settings, as well as the usual optimize/verify download caches, all to no effect.

(P.S. Don't know if this belongs in feedback or bug reporting - feel free to move accordingly)

I have noticed quite frequent when I am joining a game and the liset appears on screen I get to around the 70% mark on the loading bar and I have a small "freeze" is the only way I can describe it... I had the task manager open a few days back and it does show up as warframe is not responding for a around 3-5 seconds and then it re-syncs I have only noticed this in the most recent updates although I hadn't previously checked to see if this has occurred in the task manager before as loading times were at a great place pre U15.

Yeah, I know a lot of people experienced the freeze/hitch previously, though my machine does it on an extreme level.

I would guess it's an issue of further optimization, as a very similar thing happened in the wake of update 14.