Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tabs In The Mod Station Are In Overwhelming Numbers For Newbies

Twilight053

Currently, we have:

All | Installed | Warframe | Aura | Primary | Secondary | Melee | Stance | Archwing | Arch-Gun | Arch-Melee | Sentinel | Kubrow | Cores | Duplicate

Now, I'm not the one to say as I'm an older player, but certainly this amount of tabs would have defeated the purpose of UI 2.0. For one, I think Archwings and Kubrow tabs should be removed from the table until the newbies have finished the quest needed. Imagine if this were implemented:

All | Installed | Warframe | Aura | Primary | Secondary | Melee | Stance | Sentinel | Cores | Duplicate

Better and cleaner interface. It's good, it's simple, it's UI 2.0.

Edited by Twilight053

Better and cleaner interface. It's good, it's simple, it's UI 2.0.

One could also argue it would be slower, clunkier and more cluttered then. There are a huge number of mods in the game once you've played for a while and tabs are necessary to help shift through them. A newbie is not gonna have any mods there anyway so it's just empty tabs and once the mods start accumulating, it will guide the player through them organically. It's not like they're gonna see this huge pile of mods that an older player would have.

More information is better. We should expect people to understand more than a few words on screen at once. An "overwhelming" UI is only overwhelming for a very short time before you learn it. Slow and inefficient UI is that forever.