Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skins / Helmets/ Bodyarmor

SiemperNL

Hello,

I would like to share my opinion about something. First of all, this game is amazing and I see a lot of potentional!

Looking at other games i think this game could get a huge boost if it starts putting more work into the looks and feel of a warframe. Because it is 3rd person you see your warframe the whole time, having him/her look good is really a really important part of this game.

Skins: This game already features colors, though the selection is still pretty small. Adding more colors/styles would be a better reason for people to buy them, example;

- Gold, SIlver, Bronze

- Chrome colors

- Mat Colors (no shine)

- Glitter???

- Colors that change looking from different directions. (blue / green for example)

- Neon/Glowing effects. (like the energy, but also as color)

I don't think these colors/styles should be able to find IN-GAME, you have to pay for them.

Helmets: At this moment each class only has 1 other helmet. That's just not enough, some aren't even that good looking either. Though i have a feeling this could be a matter of time and more will be added soon?

Bodyarmor: Adding body armor (visual only or as option adding stats/mods) will create more unique warframes. Finding armor ingame/buying it gives you a cooler warframe. Examples;

- Spikey should plates

- Pointy knee plates

- Steel heels

- Visual blades on the arms

- etc etc

So you could say Helmets is a part of the Bodyarmor. So actually the current Warframe you have is "naked" and you can make him cooler (maybe stronger) by adding bodyarmor parts. This doesn't have to be armor/steel etc but could also be living organisms.

This is just something i want to say, hope some of you like the idea haha..

Thanks,

SiemperNL

I really like this idea. Also, probably make all of this pay only, I know that most F2P game models heavily rely on the visual only thing to make their money. Good idea for this game, and I have a bunch of platinum I really can't bring myself to spend when I can currently get everything I don't have with just a bit of grinding.

Tho I support the idea of diversity, I would love to have this game be simple in a way. I know a lot of people have the need to pimp their character and many games offer helmets, skins, armor, colors etc so players can show off their character but this is not an MMO. Here you cannot do a pony dance on a square to show off your newly dyed spike-collar armor and with alll respect... I am very happy about that.

FPS games like COD, BF2 etc might also offer some diversity (weapon skins etc) but do not offer spiked armor, pointy knee plates etc. I might be old fashioned but in my opinion you ruin the game concept by making the warframes look like clowns. Armor is and should be functional in the first place and tho I like the idea of more colors and a diversity of (functional) cosmetic helmets... by all means leave out the pimping stuff.

But that is my two cents.

Edited by Maldhyr

Tho I support the idea of diversity, I would love to have this game be simple in a way. I know a lot of people have the need to pimp their character and many games offer helmets, skins, armor, colors etc so players can show off their character but this is not an MMO. Here you cannot do a pony dance on a square to show off your newly dyed spike-collar armor and with alll respect... I am very happy about that.

FPS games like COD, BF2 etc might also offer some diversity (weapon skins etc) but do not offer spiked armor, pointy knee plates etc. I might be old fashioned but in my opinion you ruin the game concept by making the warframes look like clowns. Armor is and should be functional in the first place and tho I like the idea of more colors and a diversity of (functional) cosmetic helmets... by all means leave out the pimping stuff.

But that is my two cents.

I see the point you are commin from. But when you play this game a lot, after a while you will have a lot/most of the stuff unlocked. Or you just don't want anymore weapons because you have it the best already. At that point it would be cool to be able to upgrade your warframe in different ways like Looks etc..

PS: some of the warframes already look like clowns with the weird helmets haha

I could live with more colors.

But bodyarmor? HELL NO.

They arent Spartan armors you can customize to the max. This wouldnt even fit... They are one part suits. 

Different suit skins, sure. But no "armor" additions liek WoW....

Edited by Venarge

I would see some customizable (platinum only) armor additions, as in it just add armor plating in some places, on the chest, elbows, knees, etc. There's really no point to not put it in. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I'd chonestly enjoy maybe atleast gender choosing, but make it like helmets where you either find blueprints or buy it with platinum and equip them like helmets, it does seem like that considering there is "classic skin" for all warframes.

Also that female Ash looked hype as hell.

They said in the latest livestream they were thinking of adding bits to put on your warframe, just like sentinels.

Same about helmets, and about colors. That should be self-evident.

Edited by G3rman

As was already said, diversity is great, but in case it is diversity at the expense of visual consistency, I personally can live without the diversity. Saying that, as long as they keep the visual style and don't go over-the-top, it's imho okay. Yet I am a bit doubtful, since they already went a lot over-the-top with color correction, bloom, camera/screen shake, flashing when powers are used, flashing in market, elemental deaths of enemies (when you kill a downed enemy with fire elemental mod and he will stand up to show the flaming death drama...)... you see, where this is going.

Considering armor and skins. Skins with different ornaments/tattoos, like Excalibur Prime, would be great, because that way the model still looks the same and can be still easily identified (although since it's not a PvP game, the easy identification is not an issue here), but players have the diversity.

Oh, and please, NO TWILIGHT GLITTER OMG.

I see the point you are commin from. But when you play this game a lot, after a while you will have a lot/most of the stuff unlocked. Or you just don't want anymore weapons because you have it the best already. At that point it would be cool to be able to upgrade your warframe in different ways like Looks etc..

PS: some of the warframes already look like clowns with the weird helmets haha

Maybe at that point you should just stop playing or wait for more regular gameplay content - free2play game doesn't mean there is endless amount of content.

Downvote, because

1: Paying for colour palettes is already absurd, the last thing we need is more of them.

2: Glitter colours? Oh hell no.

3: This is Warframe, not Pimp my Exoarmour. Personalisation is cool and all, but not here. This game dosn't need all this extra bling.

1) You are aware this game is play for free and color pallet is one of the best and the least aggressive solution to get some money for running the game, right?

2) This is pretty valid because F*** Twilight :)

3) You are talking about extra bling, yet the personification and additions can be done with care. Team Fortress II, for example, doesn't have to take any care into account, since the game setting is absurd as the characters and other factors, so crazy additions and hats from different games fit there well. In case of warframe, it has to fit the visuals and to be more strict.

In case it is done properly, you wouldn't even notice it :)

1) You are aware this game is play for free and color pallet is one of the best and the least aggressive solution to get some money for running the game, right?

2) This is pretty valid because F*** Twilight :)

3) You are talking about extra bling, yet the personification and additions can be done with care. Team Fortress II, for example, doesn't have to take any care into account, since the game setting is absurd as the characters and other factors, so crazy additions and hats from different games fit there well. In case of warframe, it has to fit the visuals and to be more strict.

In case it is done properly, you wouldn't even notice it :)

1: I'm afraid my argument still stands, a colour palette takes all of a couple of beers and about 30 minnutes of some guys time plus a bit of imagination to make, I daresay charging money for it borderlines on scaming, since it requires so little effort to make. Like those damn infomercials that have some fat guy screaming at you to buy some sh**ty product that never does what it's supposed to.

2: Glad we can agree on something.

3: I'll admit, you've got some valid points, but lets face it, there would eventually be "limited edition" customisation items that would be something along the lines of "santa hat" and "bunny ears". Its very nearly inevitable. Now, if it were done properly, and the devs gave us their word that they won't be doing anything of the sort, then I could be tempted into going along with it, under two conditions:

A: The customisation items would have to have some sort of noteworthy stat modification, whether on their own, or as a set.

B: They can charge platinum for them if they really want to, but they would have to be craftable using in-game items and bluprints that can be bought from the store for credits, none of that alert drop bulls**t that is currently being used for the helmets - speaking of which, I would certainly be much happier with the game if you could puchase alternate helmet blueprints through the store for credits, but thats for another thread, at a later date.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

1: I'm afraid my argument still stands, a colour palette takes all of a couple of beers and about 30 minnutes of some guys time plus a bit of imagination to make, I daresay charging money for it borderlines on scaming, since it requires so little effort to make. Like those damn infomercials that have some fat guy screaming at you to buy some sh**ty product that never does what it's supposed to.

2: Glad we can agree on something.

3: I'll admit, you've got some valid points, but lets face it, there would eventually be "limited edition" customisation items that would be something along the lines of "santa hat" and "bunny ears". Its very nearly inevitable. Now, if it were done properly, and the devs gave us their word that they won't be doing anything of the sort, then I could be tempted into going along with it, under two conditions:

A: The customisation items would have to have some sort of noteworthy stat modification, whether on their own, or as a set.

B: They can charge platinum for them if they really want to, but they would have to be craftable using in-game items and bluprints that can be bought from the store for credits, none of that alert drop bulls**t that is currently being used for the helmets - speaking of which, I would certainly be much happier with the game if you could puchase alternate helmet blueprints through the store for credits, but thats for another thread, at a later date.

1) So because something can be added in to a game in matter of seconds, it have to be available for free or really cheap? We definitely won't agree on this :)

2) True that.

3) You assume something, that doesn't have to happen at all. But I understand, if permanent bunny ears and Santa hat happens, well, the developers don't take the game as seriously as I thought and that would be sad, i.e. lack of judgment :(

A) That's a problem in free to play games. Visuals are usually paid for real cash and are only visuals, but in case of Warframe, devs clearly showed is, they tend to add some stats to "skins" and everything (excluding slots for warframes and weapons) is available in the game.

B) Again I disagree - I see no reason to make the blueprints available in the market, since these items are hardly essential. But for example, I think that Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyst SHOULD BE available as blueprints, since these items are basically mandatory.

I really like this idea. Also, probably make all of this pay only, I know that most F2P game models heavily rely on the visual only thing to make their money. Good idea for this game, and I have a bunch of platinum I really can't bring myself to spend when I can currently get everything I don't have with just a bit of grinding.

No bad idea, too many games have that and that limits customization and offers no freedom at all to the players who don't have the luxury to spend real money on a game for something as simple as new colors. Even the default pallete you start with in the game only gives you one coloumn when it should be the entire pallete, but no, you have to pay to unlock the rest of the colors. Coloring your outfit should not have to cost you real money cause it has no effect on the gameplay.

The color palletes all need to be available for credits, otherwise many players will be limited to an already limited customization feature unless they buy it with real money, very bad.

I liked the idea of individual colours being a rare drop from normal enemies, common from elites and a certainty from bosses.

It gives free-to-players some variety but if you must have some specific colour you have to hope and pray or shell out the plat. They need to make money somehow.