Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why We Lose Xp Along With Everything Else If Abort/fail A Mission?

Jaxxun

directly quote from announcement 'upcoming balance changes - April 19th'

it says "Now when you abort/fail a mission you only keep the XP. You *must* complete the mission to keep your collected items. No more host running ahead, looting the boss and dumping the connection before anyone else can grab it."\

NOT TURE, i didn't get to keep my XP when i failed, happened 3 times today, summary says upgrade, arsenal says nope.

are we get to keep XP or not? is this another bug??

if not, i think lose XP if fail a mission definitaly stop players try more waves in defense mission. if keep this, u should change the name from defense mission to 10 waves misson.

also, if u guys think challenge more waves is important, maybe it is better to allow players keep what they get even if the fail a defense mission

because there are defensive mission, if u dont, everyone would just quit at 5 or 10

Every game should have a degree of risk vs reward.  Up until now it was just keep going until you fail in the defensive missions, because you'd still get all your mods and xp anyways.

There should be a penalty for failing, along with having the weight behind the decision to collect and leave or to take the risk to keep going.  It was your decision to keep going, and it's your fault if you failed.

Edited by ValiantCorvus

Every game should have a degree of risk vs reward.  Up until now it was just keep going until you fail in the defensive missions, because you'd still get all your mods and xp anyways.

There should be a penalty for failing, along with having the weight behind the decision to collect and leave or to take the risk to keep going.  It was your decision to keep going, and it's your fault if you failed.

i agree with u saying it is ur decision so its ur fault if u fail

but here, are we still talking about a game?

gaming is all about fun, reward should overweigh risk/punishment. if u experience more frustration than satisfiction in a game, how long it will last before everyone just give it up?

not saying the reward dosent need to be fair, but punish ur failure at wave 14 and not giving u any, not any reward for the sucess in 13 waves befroe that, how can this be considered fair? 

i agree with u saying it is ur decision so its ur fault if u fail

but here, are we still talking about a game?

gaming is all about fun, reward should overweigh risk/punishment. if u experience more frustration than satisfiction in a game, how long it will last before everyone just give it up?

not saying the reward dosent need to be fair, but punish ur failure at wave 14 and not giving u any, not any reward for the sucess in 13 waves befroe that, how can this be considered fair? 

Games are suposed to be fun yes, but they also need to be challenging and engaging. In a defence mission, a mission which whole purpose is to survive longer to get better rewards, OR choose to leave when it offers it to you so you can leave with your rewards is the whole point of that challenge. The point of these missions is not to "win", its to choose what to do and maybe risk it all. You chose to stay and ultimately lost.

You won't ever chose to quit or feel uncertain if you were rewarded anyway, and if you were rewarded anyway how is it a challange? Consider defence missions a test of confidence, skill and luck. 

A defence mission is not about surviving, it's about how many rollers will get stuck in the objective (so impossible to shoot at them).

Jokes aside, if defence was really about surviving (just your lives to defend), then yes, but it's the objective that was destroyed, not ur arse (so you're still alive and you have all your gear on you).

They should change def missions to "surviving" or something, whenever a player in the group dies, he has to wait for next wave to spawn but he spawns with low life (tiny tiny bit) and low ammunition. If all players die then of course its game over. There would be more enemies, bigger ones also. Cuz atm def missions were and are still boring, but on top of it, they have now become a source of frustration with the "mission fail = haha you just did nothing of the last 30 min you played".

Edited by VieuxPappy

Maybe a compromise then for defense missions?  Keep everything found up until the last time you were offered evac.

Still doesn't make sense. You and the gear you collected wasn't destroyed, it was that lazy butt tenno in the sleeping beauty capsule who god the poop beaten out of him.

Were we all storing our loot there? Then why is it gone?

Same goes for rescue. That guy got killed not me so where'd all my stuff go?

Absolutely kill all the money rewards and bonus xp, but how does it make any sense that the stuff I found disappears?

My resoning for the failure, even though you are technically alive, is that the extraction craft buggers off when you get overrun. That's right, Lotus just goes "screw those guys, they suck. We can just clone some new ones."

Kidding?

Hope so.

Yah they only made it round 34 forget them we can make better ones. Completely useless trash.

Also the warframes they are wearing are pretty valuable too, and we seem to not like those getting into the hands of other factions...

Still doesn't make sense. You and the gear you collected wasn't destroyed, it was that lazy butt tenno in the sleeping beauty capsule who god the poop beaten out of him.

Were we all storing our loot there? Then why is it gone?

Same goes for rescue. That guy got killed not me so where'd all my stuff go?

Absolutely kill all the money rewards and bonus xp, but how does it make any sense that the stuff I found disappears?

Um... techincaly when it failed you didn't get extracted.

just fail another defense mission at wave 14....u can imagin the frustration here.....damn it!

Indeed. I've had ONE defense team stay past the first 5 since the patch. If you lose on wave 9, you lose everything, and since mod drop rate is based on enemies and not their difficulty, better to just run a 5 wave twice.

Um... techincaly when it failed you didn't get extracted.

But there's no permadeath so technically I didn't die; so what happened?  Was it all a dream?  An alternate universe/timestream that no longer exists for anyone because I died?

I'm sort of serious with that. I really do think that they don't bother to extract you. They just do whatever it is they do when you die with no revives in any other mission.

I think they should do a super hard unlimited survival game mode where you get to keep drops and get a bonus for how far you got. Would that make you happy?

I'm sort of serious with that. I really do think that they don't bother to extract you. They just do whatever it is they do when you die with no revives in any other mission.

I think they should do a super hard unlimited survival game mode where you get to keep drops and get a bonus for how far you got. Would that make you happy?

Doesn't make sense if only for the reason that warframes cost money and valuable resources. Not to mention the highly trained operative you're just leaving because of what? Petty disappointment that 4 people couldn't protect against hundreds of enemy combatants? Sounds like contrived reasoning to just leave your own personnel to die because they failed once, why would any of the tenno be loyal to lotus if they would just throw them away like that? Also if they could just clone as many tenno as they wanted then why are we protecting cryopods anyways?