Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Racing map(s)?

Gilgas

You know what? I love movement in this game. I love to ninja flip, I love to slide, jump, everything. So I got this ridiculous-to-the-point-of-ebarassment idea. What if we could make a map with special functions that allows for 'racing'? Here's the gist of it:

The developers make a map that is a downward slope where players cannot walk, only slide. Sliding is the default movement. The developers then allow players to turn while in the slide; as well as ninja flip and then default to a slide as soon as the maneuver is finished, removing normal movement completely. Obstacles are put up on the map in odd patterns and people compete with each other in the usual 4 man squads. Powers should be disabled. If the idea is easy enough to implement, maybe it could be done?

As to why this would be a good idea? You tell me, but it could be fun, and a break from the normal shooting. It would completely lack coherence with the setting of the game though.

Edited by Gilgas

Sounds funny. I just would make it a serious mission. For example the ship you land on are damaged and beginns to crash on a planet and you have to get out of the ship while sliding your way out. Spice it up with some enemies that are left on the ship. They could stand on platforms or something and try to kill you while sliding through the halls. And the first would get extra credits. I wouldnt do it a fun mode or something. Warframe plays in a rough universe and fun levels would destroy the atmosphere in my view :D But yeah. Nice idea. Sliding is cool ;)