Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Linking Warframe To Steam

Phoenix86

Question

I have Warframe "stand-alone" but i'd really like to have the Rubedo skin (damn DE, release a metallic color palette please!! )

Anyway. 

Do i have to dowload the whole game again and do i need to have Steam always running in the background?

Because those are 2 things i'd hate to do...

I just want to make a link in order to get that skin, that's it, i dont want steam running and i dont want useless waste of time re-downloading a thing i already own on my HD

6 answers to this question

Accounts aren't exactly linked to steam, my gf and I use my steam account to log into both of our accounts. It's more like your steam inventory is linked, but that's it. I use stand-alone while i'm out and about since steam eats up my 3G and I can confirm that you don't have to run steam to have the items in your warframe account.

All you have to do is buy the skin on the market or trade for it, then go into the options for your account on the main WF site (up in the top right corner), then under account management there's a button that says "Verify in-game Steam economy items". Once you verify you never have to run warframe with steam again. Ever.

you can copy the file folder after adding warframe on steam and steam should repair it/download any missing files it needs. and you would need steam linked to it permanently to keep the skin. this would prevtn you from linking the skin then selling/trading it away. warframe would have to be run through steam to keep the skin

so to copy the files jsut add the warframe game on steam after you copy the folder into the steam games library. steam should auto detect it and fix up the files. then when you launch the game it will ask you to link to steam account, hit yes

EDIT: Clarity on copying files

Edited by paul62626