Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Alloy Plates

YuureiShinji

Question

12 answers to this question

I'm looking for this as well. 4 missions on Venus and ~30 plates total doesn't seem all that great when you consider it takes about 500 alloy plates to build anything. Whilst the credit increase from missions was welcome and the losing of resources/items on a mission abort pretty much necessary, I'm looking at having around 800k in credits before I'll have enough alloy plates to complete a blueprint.

If you want a good guarantee it's probably best restarting defense missions until you get a decent amount of plates (maybe 60+?) from crates, then completing until wave 5 before restarting. Alternatively, just run Venus Prime and look for secret rooms a lot.

Yeah alloy plates and rubedo are the hardest "common" materials to get...

I mean seriously, when I farm for rubedo I get 2-3 morphics in a run...

when I farm for alloy plates I get a S#&$load of neurodones (or whatever they are called)...

Really feels like drops for common materials is lower than rare materials... except maybe control modules and neural sensors

Like someone else said, currently Kappa is the best bang for your farming buck if you are looking for alloy plate, rubedo, and mods.  I usually get about 50-60 alloy plate per run, more rubedo than that, and 10+ mods.  On top of that the exp is absurd!  Just make sure you go in relatively prepared seeing as some runs seem to spawn way more grineer than others!

Alloy plate drops from Venus, Ceres, and Sedna.  Venus the drop rate is terrible, and when it does drop it's in incredibly small amounts.  Sedna is only 18-25 which really isn't all that high...  Ceres is actually 25-35, making it the most "difficult" planet to farm it on.  Might be best to just make your way to Sedna since you will probably be around the correct level once you get there! =D

I personally farm Venus for Alloy Plate. Although the drop is smaller, the level is a leisure stroll, where you could almost ignore the enemies, just swatting them aside when they get in your way. Can gain mastery xp over those weapons you hardly ever use on the higher-level missions as well.

Going on Raid type mission also yield at least one mod/item, which is crappy, but still better than nothing.

Due to the no stress, I actually think it can be more effective than say Ceres, simply because you could run more times especially in Solo (can pause).

But if equipment and frame level are good, agree that Sedna seems to be more time-efficient, since it yields Rubedo as well.