Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Impressions Of The Halloween Alert.

DSpite

Meh. It was quite good actually.

Probably should say more, so here it is:

Well, for one thing the fact there was lower visibility probably impacted me for about 5 missions. After that, since I put on maxed Loot Radar, Thief Wit and Enemy Radar, I stopped looking at the main view and stared at the radar for 90% of the mission. The only times I looked at the main view is to untangle myself from plants or get a better bearing to a tricky jump I needed to do in order to get to a cache.

Since all the enemies were (fairly) low level, I just dived in the middle of them and started a Glaive combo until everything died. Since the combo momentum both made me immune to ancients pull and Kubrow knockdowns, It was basically "will it blend?" and yes they did.

Kubrows. Now, this suckers are MUCH scarier then the Ancients in the mission. I mean, I got 6 of them to follow me into a bunch of infested, and the Kubrows did not even raise a sweat. Because my Excalibur was set up as a "loot locator" they would actually survive a single Radial Javelin, even if on low health.

One thing that becomes evident when you run a tileset to death is just how many annoying places there is you get stuck on. Ledges with over hanging parts that bounce you off when you Super Jump directly upwards, "stepped" rock ledges that look like you could run up/vault up but you get stopped hitting it, etc etc, then again, everyone was power moving across the map we were all a blur.

After about the first day, I started seeing groups that knew all the cache spots. What started as 10-15 minutes Easter Hunts became 5-6 minute clean-and-go run, and most people seem to know that if we got to the end of the map with 2-3 caches it was probably not worth the time to go back and scour every nook, and instead just run a new map.

I did not really notice a particular frame being used more then others. I'm guessing the new air attack move is plenty of movement for everyone. I think I stopped using Super Jump and melee-flew most of the time because I kept hitting my head on things, and If I have to look upward to make sure it's clear before a jump, I might as well do it the other way. Was expecting a ton of Zephyrs or seeing lots of Worm Holes, but nah. Pretty even mix. it seemed.

Lots of cores for everyone, so there was missions non stops with people, so that was good, although a few new players must of gotten awfully confused, as many times I watched my radar icon fly past people that seemed to be aimlessly running on a tile trying to find something we had already found, pocketed, and were looking for the next tile with the next cache.

Would also like to add that having Kubrows spawning from hard to see dens in pea soup fog, adding un-needed red dots in a mission that killing all the red dots is important, was annoying as something that is really annoying.

And that's about all I remember atm.

Edited by DSpite