Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Invasions Need A Revamp In Playstyle Or Rewards?

4MostlyHarmless2

With the new Navigation system, it doesn't even show the rewards unless you go to the planet and check.

Most of the time the reward is bad anyways, so I haven't even been checking what the rewards for Invasion missions are.

And I don't think the research materials are even worth it. You can grind dark sectors or void missions for the same amount of credits to pay for the building costs.

Edited by ZechsX18999

I likewise vouch for the 5 runs for medicore rewards being a killer of interest. I propose they do one or more of the following;

1) Reduce it to 3 runs. Infestations are only 3, and they even keep the original game type so i'm not doing 5 exterinates back to back, let's not even contemplate an exterminate alert for something I actually might have an interest in pop that only needs to be run once.

2) Have a minimum duration. I'm not the first to propose it, won't be the last. But when it's actually worth doing these runs, they don't last long enough if you didn't start within 5 minutes of it popping.

3) New game mode. I don't propose this idea by itself, but why is this an exterminate? It's so prosaic. Remember how solar rail contest used to be with sabotage? I propose something akin to an 'assault' mode from other games. Where you have 3 or so objectives culminating with the destruction of a critical system and/or assassination of a leader type somewhere between one of the newer bosses and an exima (enough to be an actual challenge but not on the level of Alad V and Vey Hek).

I think this could knock several birds off with 1 strike simply because you'd need longer to do a single run, so it could justify the time sink required for a reward so you only need to do 1 or 2 runs.