Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Setup

ZeroNoHikari

I've been wondering how to setup my weapons to be a effective sniper so I can stay hidden for longer periods of time.

My current setup

Paris with AP, Crit chance, Serration, and Ammo Drum

AkFuris which I have max ammo and mag mods with AP as well

Dual Fire Blade with Fury, Crit chance.

Wondering if that's a good load out or should I work on it?

I really don't know.

I'm going to say it has a lot of preference, ie: I don't like the randomness of crits so I don't have crit chance on any of my weapons (so I rely on Serration and hornet strike a lot, while my pressure point is at level 0 until I can get a few potatoes).

Piercing on paris I believe is useless because arrows have innate armor ignore, so you can use it on something else.

Afuris seems fine, a hornet strike mod would really bring out the dps.

Not sure if dual heat swords has armor ignore or not. If not, put a sundering strike (armor piercing) mod on it. You might want to put a shocking touch (electical damage) on them as well to stun corpus crewmen (which is REALLY useful).

I'm going to post my layout down below so you know what i'm running with, not that I'm demanding you to follow me.

Snipetron with 30% fire rate, lv3 reload speed, lv 1 electrical and fire damage, lv 2 AP. Uses 28 capacity.

Lex with lv 4 damage+, on polarity, lv 1 AP, lv3 attack speed+, lv 0 electrical and lv 2 fire damage (28 capacity used as well).

Ether daggers with lv 0 frost damage on polarity, electrical and fire damage, lv 1 AP, lv 2 attack speed+, lv 0 damage+, lv 0 stun. Uses 30 capacity 

I'm leveling a paris to see how it fares against the snipetron atm, so my playing style really involves headshotting things with lex, meleeing and sniping things with the paris. Imo snipetron is better than paris but i haven't gotten it to rank 30 so i can't say.

Arrow travel time is a bummer when you're playing on a large map and have to shoot across a large area. On corpus defense missions, I like to climb the mountainside with my snipetron and lex and just taking out things from there. But for actual runs, I typically rely on the lex (now that it has good aspd due to gunslinger), mainly because the snipetron takes too long a time to reload (and I don't like the paris' charge time which imo kills the aspd. I'm working on the fire rate). Another thing about the lex is that because pistol ammo drops a lot more frequently, you'll pretty much never run out of ammo for it (and it's the most efficient pistol in the game).

Edited by brooklynlord

Personally I love sniping, but didn't really get along with the Snipetron and was even worse with the Paris. Just didn't like the feel/dmg/effiecency of them. Now if you want a long range weapon you can hang back with that's ammo supply lasts the whole map I'd recommend trying the Latron. Tons of people hate it and tons love it so if it doesn't interest you then don't try it. After all you have to use what you like and the final say in how you play should be based on your own opinion.

Also I should add the Hek is rather ridiculous and shoots farther than one might think. 

EDIT** Also full auto pistols are a great sidearm for a long range rifle. I don't see a problem with Dual Heat Swords in that loadout either. 

Cheers.

Edited by Nazarel

Thanks for the replies, I'll work on getting either Latron or Snipetron, but for now with the mods I have on Paris I OHKO everything that doesn't have a shield or isn't a ancient I tend to empty out 1/3 of a mag on a shielded grineer have yet to to try on a Ancient.  Thanks for the feedback guys.

Swap fury out on your dual heat swords for reflex coil, and later on, killing blow, the dual heat swords have a very high charge damage compared to regular melee weapons, so they work best when you use them to make charge attacks. 

Otherwise you're current setup is fine. 

Piercing on paris I believe is useless because arrows have innate armor ignore, so you can use it on something else.

Afuris seems fine, a hornet strike mod would really bring out the dps.

Not sure if dual heat swords has armor ignore or not. If not, put a sundering strike (armor piercing) mod on it. You might want to put a shocking touch (electical damage) on them as well to stun corpus crewmen (which is REALLY useful).

Armor Piercing mods are unaffected by the innate armor piercing of weapons. Essentially, ArP mods act just like any of the elemental damage modifiers, except they take a % of the enemies' armor, not the weapon's base damage. So the Paris will do full damage, plus bonus damage, plus elemental and armor piercing damage. You should see a bunch of numbers fly off an enemy if you hit him with an arrow; one of those is Armor Piercing damage.

Edited by NinjaChicken

I think you will be disappointed with Snipetron and Latron coming from a Paris. Snipetron has very small magazine and long reload and Latron doesnt OHK in later levels, not even with headshots.

I still like Latron best though, because it uses rifle ammo and works better than the other two against an onslaught of multiple enemies.

I've used the latron and paris extensively, and have tried the snipetron for a few hours. I'm finding that there's no reason to use the snipetron unless you can't land headshots. The idea of the snipetron would be to kill targets in a single shot, but since the latron already does that for light enemies and the real dangers like ancients don't die as easily, there are very few enemies where the snipetron is better at killing than the latron. Paris has a different feel to it, and is sort of in between the damage/rate of fire of the other two. 

I've used the latron and paris extensively, and have tried the snipetron for a few hours. I'm finding that there's no reason to use the snipetron unless you can't land headshots. The idea of the snipetron would be to kill targets in a single shot, but since the latron already does that for light enemies and the real dangers like ancients don't die as easily, there are very few enemies where the snipetron is better at killing than the latron. Paris has a different feel to it, and is sort of in between the damage/rate of fire of the other two. 

Snipetron is too situational right now, unless you need to kill a acient ASAP or a really far away target. Pretty much i use my pistol 80% of the time when i have a snipetron.

The idea of the snipetron would be to kill targets in a single shot,

Kind of a bummer because at level ~24 (sedna, kappa), with 30% fire and 30% electrical and 30% AP, it can't headshot normal (lancer/troopers) grineers :/

Gotta put serration to do that.

And thanks to ninja, i understand now how piercing is different to innate ignore :D

Kind of a bummer because at level ~24 (sedna, kappa), with 30% fire and 30% electrical and 30% AP, it can't headshot normal (lancer/troopers) grineers :/

Gotta put serration to do that.

And thanks to ninja, i understand now how piercing is different to innate ignore :D

If you're looking for raw damage, it's not a point efficient to spread out your damage types like that. Focusing on boosting two of those three stats should give you much more of an overall damage increase for your points used.