Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything Is Tossing My Kubrow Around

Erukyo

I didn't see a thread about this on the first page, so I thought I would start one up....

But is anyone else noticing that EVERYTHING and their mothers seem to be 'blocking' kubrow attacks, fling them around a little bit, and then just kind of toss them to the side?

I have seen Corpus, Grineer, AND Infected do this. Now the animation looks like it's supposed to be on the Gineer's Kennel Master (I forget the actual name, sorry) where he has the giant mitten arm that you see police k-9 officers wear to train their dogs, and the animation looks like what you would expect to see when a kubrow bites that big old mitten arm (it's always the left arm and he kind of rolls them around a bit).

Now I would understand if JUST the kennel master guy did this, because he trains kubrow-mutants all the time, but it seems like almost every single unit in the game can do this (well, the humanoids can anyway), and it's getting really annoying when it happens about 25% of the time that my kubrow tries to attack something.

Worst of all, this animation is really buggy, because the kubrow could be up to 8 meters away I have seen just kind of getting flung around, and the enemy in question is completely immortal during this time, which is really annoying since the animation is about 2-3 seconds long.

So to summarize:

1. All units seem to be able to block kubrows, when I would assume only the kennel master can do this

2. The animations never seem to line up and are all of the place

3. The enemy is immortal during the aniamtion.

Note: This could be that the enemies are blocking finisher/take down type moves from Sasha and Sunika Kubrows, however this requires further testing/confirmation.

Edited by Erukyo

Now that you ention it it does make sense of the Drahk Master only.

I mean are you seriously expecting me to believe a flimsy crewman can just shrug off my gigantic Kubrow? And this wasn't even notified as a change, doesn't make sense DE would just ruin the offensive ability of two breeds (and the only useful factor of one of them).

I mean are you seriously expecting me to believe a flimsy crewman can just shrug off my gigantic Kubrow? And this wasn't even notified as a change, doesn't make sense DE would just ruin the offensive ability of two breeds (and the only useful factor of one of them).

The crewman isn't the worst one I've seen. I watched a volatile runner do it to my horse-sized Sunika Kubrow, and at the very least Sunika's are BUILT to take down enemies, and even have a power specifically designed to do that.

I was about to make a thread about this myself. My kubrow normally wrecks everything, but a lot of enemies are countering him now, and the invincibility during the animation is annoying, especially considering that the enemy should be open to any attacks during this phase. I hadn't thought about this being a feature intended for the Drahk Master, but it make a lot of sense now that you brought it up.

Actually, now that I think about it, it seems to be only Sahasas and Sunikas that this is happening too, which makes me think that it's only countering attempted finishers (which both those breeds have), since I see my kubrow gets kills with normal attacks, but I haven't seen a finisher since the update.

Edited by MrPie5

Actually, now that I think about it, it seems to be only Sahasas and Sunikas that this is happening too, which makes me think that it's only countering attempted finishers (which both those breeds have), since I see my kubrow gets kills with normal attacks, but I haven't seen a finisher since the update.

Hmm...that could be. I have only been using my Sunika so I wouldn't be sure. I have one of each type of Kubrow...but that three hour recovery time is a bit of a pain to get around, and I want to level up my Sunika right now xP I've made a note of your thought in the OP to see if anyone else notices.