Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infestation terrain.

Kurtino

As soon as I saw the infestation on the floor I honestly thought it looked weird.

They look like odd out of the place balls that aren't connected together at all. You would think that the infestation of a spaceship would make it look more joint up. The balls are separated and not together and doesn't make it look like growing biomass or whatever it is.

The style is nice but just needs to be pushed together or added with sludge. Make the floor look more covered, make the balls add up with sludge underneath them or veins or roots or something to show that its all one big growing mass or patches of it, instead of just separated balls that look out of place.

Edited by Kurtino

Sea cucumbers!! Admittedly I would've done it a lot more differently if I was in charge but still good. Nice suggestion though, one can never have enough sea cucumbers. I just wish we could also burn, electrocute and freeze them with our weapons and swords' jump-attack. A good old environmental torture session, just as good as having bullet decals and sword marks on walls and even on people ;O I know it's irrelevant but had to mention it lol

Yeah, I agree, but of course this is pretty low priority.

Regardless, I feel like they should take a route similar to the flood from Halo and the necromorphs from Dead Space, even the Zerg from Starcraft to a degree. Creeping sluge everywhere, grotesque vines and appendages growing between the cracks in the ships systems, blinking and malfunctioning consoles, etc. Make it feels like you're inside a someone rather than a something.

Well I disagree witht he OP, I think the wall creep are far overused, and have biological thingies grow out of metal - Now that's creepy. It's entirely explainable if it's some sort of nanite virus as suggested above, and results in something more interesting than another aliens ripoff.

Come to think of it, having living parts of ships on Infestation level, half-metal half-biological, sticking out of the walls, would be creepy as hell.

Or make the reactor core half-biological.