Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Is Possible To Raise Two Syndicates That Are Enemies?

(PSN)Zeylon

Question

In particular, I was curious about raising Cephalon Suda and New Loka.  They're enemies of each other, so that means raising them both would effectively cancel out on account of the -100% value attached.

That, in and of itself, doesn't concern me.  I realize you can slowly, but not optimally, level multiple syndicates at once (or so the wiki suggests).  However, I also read a post from someone suggesting that the fact syndicates can "delevel" after ranking up and excess standing isn't "saved" towards the next rank means that you'd effectively be hosed even attempting to level two syndicates that are just opposed.  The idea being that even if you get them both up to whatever rank, you'd be deranking one or the other in the process or trying to get one safely into the next rank.

It's possible that person was just confused, but I was hoping someone might be able to spell out how a more complicated leveling scheme might work in practice with the caps, etc. attached for something like leveling opposed syndicates (and others in tandem I assume to get around that).

7 answers to this question

So this works?  You level Suda/Loka by avoiding them entirely and working on Hexis and Perrin?  What ranks have you managed to get them to in this scenario?  Does all of the "negative" standing get eaten by Hexis/Perrin?

It definitely works I guess. So far I have Hexis, Suda and Loka to rank 1. I haven't been too active and it's been a little troublesome to get Perrin to the next rank since if you get negative rep and you're at 0 rep, you'll go down a rank and have to sacrifice again. You can still do the alerts for Suda and Loka since if you do both of them, they'll still give rep to their allied syndicates.

This method might not be efficient but I want to have both Suda and Loka so I choose to go down this path.

Maybe it is possible, if you work only for New Loka and the Arbiters of Hexis. What I have in mind is this: every point you earn for Loka is a point you lose with Suda, and vice-versa, but Loka and Hexis are not related at all. In turn, every two points you earn for Hexis is a point for Suda, so if you run 3 times as many missions for Hexis than you do for Suda, you could (theoretically) carefully rank both up as long as you take care.

The thing would work like this: rep Suda (through Hexis) almost to the next rank. Rep Loka almost until next rank but keeping Suda above zero. Rep Suda (through Hexis) almost to next rank again. You'll have both enemy syndicates just about to rank up. Rep Loka as much as you can before Suda gets to zero, this will take you to the next Loka rank. Then you can rep Suda through Hexis again and the result is that both syndicates have been ranked up. Obviously, this would take some extra leg work since you're constantly breaking you rep with Suda when you work for Loka, but it can be done.

Another way would be working for Hexis and Perrin. This way you'll indirectly rep Suda and Loka without conflicts, and Hexis and Perrin should stay around zero. 

I'm doing the exact same thing. You need to only play Arbiters of Hexis (allied to Suda, opposed to Perrin) and Perrin Sequence (allied to Loka, opposed to Arbiters) only and switch between them now and then. You can do the alerts for Cephalon Suda and New Loka. They'll cancel each other out but they will give rep to Arbiters and Perrin.

Edited by Liacu

I'm doing the exact same thing. You need to only play Arbiters of Hexis (allied to Suda, opposed to Perrin) and Perrin Sequence (allied to Loka, opposed to Arbiters) only and switch between them now and then. You can do the alerts for Cephalon Suda and New Loka. They'll cancel each other out but they will give rep to Arbiters and Perrin.

So this works?  You level Suda/Loka by avoiding them entirely and working on Hexis and Perrin?  What ranks have you managed to get them to in this scenario?  Does all of the "negative" standing get eaten by Hexis/Perrin?