Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Limbo Skill Thread.

OcelotVampire

I haven't had much time with limbo, but the more I play with him, the more I like him. I had a few suggestions that I feel would get lost in some other limbo skill threads, so I figured I'd start my own.

First off I'm going to compare limbo's cataclysm usefullness to that of frost's snow globe. It seems to me to be best used in defence missions. However, unlike frost's globe you cannot shoot enemies outside of it. Which to me doesn't make sense. A player or enemy is an object of sorts and can enter or exit this rift bubble at will. So why is it when we shoot bullets (or other projectiles) out of the rift they don't count as leaving the rift? I understand that these bullets would no longer gain the damage boost from killing enemies inside the rift, but them not being able to hit enemies does not make any sense. Nor does it seem in balance with other frames skills like frost's snow globe. For a ultimate skill it should be that, ultimate. Frost's globe doesn't cost as much energy to use, but seems more usefull in a defence missions at the moment.

Pick ups in the rift. Now I have seen many posts on this and how the devs went with no pick ups in the cataclysm bubble is beyond me. If a player or enemy walks into the rift they are in the rift. They can expel bullets from their guns and those count at small objects leaving their person. Those bullets can hit us and our bullets can hit them in the rift. So why is it when they drop something, we aren't allowed to pick it up? Please allow us to pick up drops while in cataclysm or at least explain the logic behind this. I can understand not being able to pick up things while in rift walk or being banished. However, when both objects are in the same plane of existence, they should be able to be interacted with.

Rift surge should kinda just be built into cataclysm. It doesn't make sense to have 1 skill that makes another skill more powerful. Just make that skill more powerful and give another skill instead. At least with embers accelerant, it costs less to cast, stuns enemies and any player using fire can take advantage of it without ember having to cast another skill for players to gain this bonus.

I would have liked to have seen a fresh and new skill instead of a damage boost for another skill. Could have been like a random thing limbo pulls out of his hat. Maybe a bomb he throws or anything. Maybe he targets a enemy, takes off his hat, puts his hand into it and when he does this a portal opens under the target and a giant limbo hand grabs it and pulls it in. Then he pulls a small version of the target out of his hat and squishes it for huge damage. If animated fast enough it wouldn't take that much time to play out. I would like to see that or anything, but a damage boost for another skill. As it is now for a frame that could have been able to do anything, he seems kinda unimaginative.

Limbo's first 2 skills seem fine to me right now and I don't feel they need to be changed at all.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by OcelotVampire

First, bullets don't shoot from your body... and the objects in the ground are not inside the rift because the rift only seems to affect animated objects, "living" beings.

Also, Limbo is a very strategical frame, your suggestion would just make him easier to play, i think limitations are good, because if we didn't have limitations then all skills would be something like "press this button to win the game".

The only logical problem i see with bullets and pick ups is that bullets do get inside the rift, because if they weren't, they would just pass through enemies inside to only hurt the ones outside.

Overall i like Limbo as it is now, it could use some tweaks but allowing pick ups inside the rift and shooting enemies outside of it would just ruin it imo, maybe only the pick ups?... i don't know really, what i am certain about is that i don't want limbo to get "dumbed down".

All I want for Limbo is to remove his capacity to inconvenience his team due to rift mechanics. The big culprits are no-loot in rift, banished enemy = teammates can't kill it with guns, and banished teammate = his/her guns have no effect outside rift.

Fix those and I'm sure he'll be a great asset to any team.

First, bullets don't shoot from your body... and the objects in the ground are not inside the rift because the rift only seems to affect animated objects, "living" beings.

Also, Limbo is a very strategical frame, your suggestion would just make him easier to play, i think limitations are good, because if we didn't have limitations then all skills would be something like "press this button to win the game".

The only logical problem i see with bullets and pick ups is that bullets do get inside the rift, because if they weren't, they would just pass through enemies inside to only hurt the ones outside.

Overall i like Limbo as it is now, it could use some tweaks but allowing pick ups inside the rift and shooting enemies outside of it would just ruin it imo, maybe only the pick ups?... i don't know really, what i am certain about is that i don't want limbo to get "dumbed down".

I'm sorry to say this, but your logic is somewhat flawed. First off, if limbo's cataclysm skill only worked on "living" beings, then no robotic enemies would be effected, which they are. If any object like drops leave the rift then they can be interacted with things outside of the rift. Why should this not apply to bullets? Because some players like to be a inconvenience to other players? This does not add strategy, nor does changing it dumb down limbo in any way. We can all shoot through frost's snow globe, but imagine for a moment how much he would be hated if we could not. It only stands to reason that a barrier that blocks bullets 1 way, should block them coming from the other way no? So why is it we are allowed to shoot through frost's globe, but not have our bullets exiting the rift to do damage. I'm not saying they should get the damage boost, but just being able to shoot enemies outside would be great.

So you are 1 of the only people out there who thinks it's a good thing to not be able to pick up drops in the rift and that it makes sense? If I can travel to other dimensions and while I'm there I drop my car keys. Do they teleport back to the dimension I came from? Or wouldn't it seem more logical that they would stay in the dimension they are currently in. Now since dimensional travel is not a reality, I know it's rather pointless to debate the rules to which 1 can abide by. However, for the sake of logical science fiction. It seems like a natural leap of faith to believe that an object that is dropped in the rift should be able to be picked up in the rift. It's not such a huge thing to ask for since currently our carriers can vaccum them out of the rift.

I really like limbo myself, but with a few changes he could be more viable in team play then his current state. Exiting cataclysm to kill enemies is not much strategy to sacrifice for more enjoyable team gameplay in my opinion.

Edited by OcelotVampire

I'm sorry to say this, but your logic is somewhat flawed. First off, if limbo's cataclysm skill only worked on "living" beings, then no robotic enemies would be effected, which they are. If any object like drops leave the rift then they can be interacted with things outside of the rift. Why should this not apply to bullets? Because some players like to be a inconvenience to other players? This does not add strategy, nor does changing it dumb down limbo in any way. We can all shoot through frost's snow globe, but imagine for a moment how much he would be hated if we could not. It only stands to reason that a barrier that blocks bullets 1 way, should block them coming from the other way no? So why is it we are allowed to shoot through frost's globe, but not have our bullets exiting the rift to do damage. I'm not saying they should get the damage boost, but just being able to shoot enemies outside would be great.

So you are 1 of the only people out there who thinks it's a good thing to not be able to pick up drops in the rift and that it makes sense? If I can travel to other dimensions and while I'm there I drop my car keys. Do they teleport back to the dimension I came from? Or wouldn't it seem more logical that they would stay in the dimension they are currently in. Now since dimensional travel is not a reality, I know it's rather pointless to debate the rules to which 1 can abide by. However, for the sake of logical science fiction. It seems like a natural leap of faith to believe that an object that is dropped in the rift should be able to be picked up in the rift. It's not such a huge thing to ask for since currently our carriers can vaccum them out of the rift.

I really like limbo myself, but with a few changes he could be more viable in team play then his current state. Exiting cataclysm to kill enemies is not much strategy to sacrifice for more enjoyable team gameplay in my opinion.

wow you need to chill, if you read carefully you will notice i said "living" not living, that means animated objects and if you keep reading i also say that weapons and bullets contradict that "theory" because they are in fact not "living" animated objects, and also i said that i would not mind picking up objects in the rift, but what you define arbitrary as inconveniences are in fact trade-offs, because limitations are what make the game fun, imagine if loki was in fact always invisible without any energy cost, or if radiation procs worked permanently on enemies? that would be really REALLY boring, and really chill out man.

About your car keys maybe they never left their original dimension so when you "drop" them they fall in their original dimension, who knows?... but regarding game mechanics, i prefer limitations over simplified overkill abilities that don't make you think ahead, i prefer games that take me outside of my comfortable zone, and challenge me, it seems that you don't and that's totally fine.

Edited by Orbister