Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing All Progress On Mission Failure

Ailith

I'm sure multiple people have posted about this, but it sucks losing ALL of the progress that I've gained during a misson (money, mods, all affinity, etc). I get that the point of this is to prevent players from leaving after they grab the boss loot, but I've only been playing solo for like a week now (due to persistant performance problems during online play) and I've lost a good deal of stuff. I can't even level up my Ember frame because she's weak as hell at level 8 and I keep failing missions.

Yes, I could do lower level missions than the ones I've been doing, but I'm doing them for resources. And yes, I'm aware that dying in a mission means that, realistically, you should lose everything you've collected, but I don't like it.

In short, can't you guys make the penalty only apply if a player clicks "abort mission" or something?

Edited by Ailith

If your dying or failing you are playing at the wrong level mate. This game is so easy at the moment its painful to play sometimes. Play online untill your ember has more capacity then go back to solo play but tbh ember isnt great in solo play anyway imo. As far as mission failure is concerned why should you get anything if you fail a mission? 

Losing mods at wave 19 in defense is the issue for a lot of people, not normal rescue, data or extermination missions. Defense needs wave 5 and your mods are secure. wave 10 again you secure mods etc etc.

Good luck with the thread mate but DE_steve made it clear that this is staying in game for the forseeable future. Select your in game difficulty more wisely.

Thanks guys. I'll ONLY do boring super low level missions because, apparently, I suck too much. Or maybe I'll just use my uber level 30 supercharged Nyx and never experience new things (which you say are bad anyway).

And, just curious, why are defense missions any different from normal missions? If you CHOOSE to keep fighting waves of enemies after you're given a chance to extract, why should you keep your earnings when you die 2 waves later? Damn double standards.

Edited by Ailith

Thanks guys. I'll ONLY do boring super low level missions because, apparently, I suck too much. Or maybe I'll just use my uber level 30 supercharged Nyx and never experience new things (which you say are bad anyway).

And, just curious, why are defense missions any different from normal missions? If you CHOOSE to keep fighting waves of enemies after you're given a chance to extract, why should you keep your earnings when you die 2 waves later? Damn double standards.

Well, if you say "sure, I can take on five more waves," and fail, then you don't get to keep your findings.

I am one of those players who don't have a Nyx, and I'll save getting her for last.  I've played and cleared most areas, including some defense missions, most while playing solo, usually playing the Ash, Frost, or Mag frames.

I don't see the issue with keeping stuff you found when you don't bring them back home with you from a mission success.  If you fail a mission and die, you aren't going to bring your Loot Bag home with you, after all.