The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Freezing When Loading Into A Non-Host Mission

BenZeb

So I first started noticing this bug when 15.1 (the buff to heavy melee update) came in. Whenever I join a game and someone else is hosting, when the screen goes black (before the ship flying part), my game will stop responding for about 20-30 seconds and act like it crashed. After those 20-30 seconds are up, the game will launch fine.

I tried a bunch of things:

• Verifying and Optimizing the cache through the launcher
  • Verifying the files through steam
  • Deleting the local files and re-downloading them

None of these things worked. So I decided to look into the EE.log to see what might be the problem. I kept a stopwatch so I could log the times that the freezing was happening and I found that during the entire not responding period, the log was filled with:

61.256 Sys [info]: Spot-building /Lotus/Interface/Graphics/Dojo/DojoDecorations/Festivities/ChristmasTree.png

61.256 Sys [info]: Spot-loading /Lotus/Interface/Graphics/Dojo/DojoDecorations/Festivities/ChristmasTree.png

Upon looking through all of the lines of the spot-building/loading, It looks like the game is trying to load a bunch of stuff all at once, from holiday stuff, to dojo decorations, dojo rooms, ability images, store images, ship bobbleheads, and a whole lot of other things that don't seem needed when I am trying to load into a mission on a planet. In the EE.log, it dumps about 3000 lines of the spot-loading/building in the 20 seconds.

I tested it out to see if there was still a problem when I was hosting a game, and when I did (either through solo or friends only), I didn't have any of the problems.

One key issue I have had with this though, is that I cannot use my void keys and bring someone else with me. When I use my key, my game will freeze up for the 20 seconds, and the other person will load in fine. When they get in, I'm not there (yet), so it kicks them out (the key holder isn't there), and we both get a mission failed.

I am running Win 8 Pro 64 bit with 8GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series video card