Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breccia/onyx - The Earth Warframe (Because This Idea Totally Hasn't Been Done Before!)

Morec0

If there’s even the slightest bit of interest in this, I’ll add more than just abilities.

Ability One:

Voidstone - Breccia/Onyx opens a portal to the Void at her feet and lifts an irradiated meteor from it.  The rock is approximately the size of a Rhino, but slightly taller and wider (by inches), and blocks bullets and projectiles.  The meteor acts as a starting point for all of Breccia/Onyx’s other powers.  The Voidstones will deteriorate after a period of time.

Ability Two:

Landslide - Breccia/Onyx strikes her target with kinetic energy, sending any Voidstones flying forward or dealing minor damage to targeted enemies and knocking them over.  The Voidstones do stop moving until they have traveled a certain distance or collided with terrain, and knock over any enemies they strike, dealing impact damage.

Ability Three:

Resonate - Breccia/Onyx strikes her target with kinetic energy, causing any Voidstones to resonate with an energy frequency that stuns enemies around it and increases the shields of nearby allies by a portion of her own or dealing minor damage to targeted enemies and stunning them.  The Voidstones resonate with this frequency for only a few seconds, and the bonus shields will fade out over time once the effect ends or Breccia/Onyx’s allies leave the AoE.

Ability Four:

Quake - Breccia/Onyx slams all summoned Voidstones into the ground, causing a slow-moving shockwave that deals heavy damage and knocks over any enemies caught within it.

Edited by Morec0

Well... flying directly into the sun hasn't been done before either, but that doesn't make it a good idea...

Your Frame sounds interesting though, what are those "voidstones"?

Basically boulders infused with void radiation. I couldn't think of a good name for the first ability, all things considered of how I describe them, and after settling on that I just kept using it to make sure there was no confusion what the other abilities interacted with.

Why make it so large? You could have it be small, but its, I dunno, density gives it a Bullet Attractor aura. That way you'd have less players FFing and QQing over this huge rock blocking their vision.

Because the size also makes its use for its offensive purposes easier - you're already having to line up a moving boulder, no matter how quick its travel is, with targets that'll be running for cover and whatnot, imagine how much harder landing Landslide would be if it were Osprey-sized.

But I suppose the view may be a bit much. not to mention my description it vague. I'll be a bit more descriptive to clear up any issues.

Well, if you're concerned about ease of hitting something, you could always break apart the Voidstone into grapeshot that shreds enemies it hits, or give it an "aura of close enough" that ragdolls enemies it comes close to hitting. A smaller object may have just as big an impact. You're overthinking this I think, but it is your concept.

Well, if you're concerned about ease of hitting something, you could always break apart the Voidstone into grapeshot that shreds enemies it hits, or give it an "aura of close enough" that ragdolls enemies it comes close to hitting. A smaller object may have just as big an impact. You're overthinking this I think, but it is your concept.

Aye, but shredding them into grapeshot also implies they will be exhausted and unusable after that, which isn't my intention at all. The idea with this is to use range mods and the terrain to maneuver these stones into proper position where they'll be of the most use - either defensively or offensively alongside his/her other abilities - until the duration on the stones run out. Not to mention, having them shred into grapeshot (even if it does reform at the end of the duration) is a TON less visually impressive than seeing this big bolder fly across the area through your enemies like a wave of destruction.

Its no different than a misplaced Frost Snow globe, but even LESS irritating because of the compact size.

I'll consider the bullet attractor option, though I do prefer it as a solid barrier from the get-go.