The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Got A Bunch Of Plats, What Do I Spend It On?

Spanese

Spend wisely choose one or two warframe to have and a weapon or two. The reason is this is a beta and they are always adding new content, and frames. so save it to invest later so u can have the best as and when it comes out.

hm, buying weapons would kill half of the joy in the game. at least for me.

get akbolto, it's more painful to craft.

try farming for frames instead and just rush the craft process. it would at least be more fun and you get to play the game.

about the frames:

excal is currently broken, and you should already have prime, seeing as you're a grand master, so...

a) get ash/loki if you like melee combat and tactical usage of the skills.

b) ember/volt are one faction frames mostly.  you could get either one of em. (volt - corpus, ember - infested.)

c) rhino/frost are tank frames.

d) trinity if you play with a squad, great abilities for support, almost infinite energy.

e) saryn/nyx could be fun. i've yet to get one of em.

f) banshee is kinda harder to farm, you could buy her, if you don't like waiting for things.

I say, do not spend it yet.  Wait, play the game with others, watch the various weapons in use, and the different frames.

Then purchase weapons with in-game currency you gain from completing missions.

Just play some, and consider what you really want, then wait a day to see if that is what you still want to buy with your limited Plat.

Dont spend your damned plat on warframes or weapons. Getting them is the fun of the game.

Buy colors, potatoes(orokin catalysts and reactors) and cosmetic stuff. The rest can be gotten in game and its fun to do so.

Its a pve game. When you pay plat for a warframe/weapon you're basicly paying to have LESS content to play.

Read up on the wiki about warframes, then get one you like. Affinity boosters go a long way. Don't bother with credit boosters though.

You should definitely save up credits for Orokin Reactors and Catalysts. (Also referred to as potatoes.) Also possibly for rushing weapons / warframes in the foundry. 

Once you have 1 warframe at 30, with a primary, secondary, and melee at 30 with potatoes, you can farm materials for all the other warframes and weapons easily. I ended up using my platinum for a color palette and a ton of weapon and frame potatoes. 

That's just my 2 cents though. 

Oh, and weapon and frame slots.

Edited by Ravtek

Don't waste plat for new Warframe or weapons etc. You can make them from BP. Its like nzzero write. When you buy item for Plat you just lost all the fun (BP/components farming ...)

Buy some extra slot and colors if you want. You can buy your firts Oro Reactor/Catal, especially if you dont have much time for ?alerts.

PS sorry for my bad English.

Get slot, potatoe, colour Platte and sentiniel 

+ warframe & weapons that are hard to obtained through grinding, eg. banshee & saryn

save the rest of the plat up, and wait for the new contents coming in update 8

Is banshee BPs actually hard to get? I have 2 already and I havent even been looking for them xD

Consider slots, because they're absolutely necessary. Aside from that, my money would be on cosmetics and bundles.

*Edit. Banshee is hell to farm. All the other bosses can be ground to a fine powder, but Banshee.. Dat ho is all over the place

Edited by Crossflip

How much time do you play/do you plan on playing?  If you're working all the time and only put in an hour here or there, get a weapon you want and a warframe you want.  Especially if you want to keep up with friends who have more time.

If your time is disposable and you really want to spend hundreds of hours having fun in this game, do NOT buy weapons and do NOT buy warframes.  Not even the "hard to get to" ones some people are advising you get.  Earning them and trying out your new toy once you get to it is half the fun.  Rather, pick up slots.  And maybe potatoes once you get a feel for what you like--or more liberally if you've tons of plat.

So the most obvious choice here are things you don't actually see in the market. Frame and item slots... those you can't get anywhere else. color pallets if you like that kind of thing because again, can't get them anywhere else. other than that, i suggest spending it on a potato for everything you decide to make as that way you won't have to wait on the ever rarer catalyst/reactor bp alerts. i do not advise spending plat on anything else, the good weapons you buy with plat only are mastery locked anyway, so you won't be able to use them even if you bought it.

If I had plat I'd buy the colour pack, a few extra slots for both frames and weapons, but I wouldn't buy more than 1 extra warframe, nor too many weapons. I've realised half the fun of this game is in amassing resources and building stuff (including the "christmas-like" waiting period, as some guy aptly described). If you already have everything in the game, all you have left is play levels over and over again with the express purpose of leveling up stuff, and getting mods, and then end of story.

>< just don buy a bundle with 1 warframe in it, that dont save you any plat

hell dont buy weapons, the free potatoe and slot are worth the silly price

my list

1-frames you really want

2-potates for any guns/frame you really love without them

3-shade

4- 2-4 weapon slots

5- cosmetics

6-more slots

7-save plat

7b- boost

1998-the female frame pack