Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fanfiction - Last Of The White Rhinos

TrueSoldier

I felt heavy and stiff as I began to re-enter consciousness from Cyro-sleep. The light above me was binding and I heard vague voices. I was unable to make out what they were saying, but I began to feel hands on me. My instincts kicked in and I snapped up, still half groggy and stiff.

I grabbed one of the men near me and kicked the other away. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pressed slightly. "Move and you're dead," I whispered in his ear as my sight began becoming clearer. I turned around quickly to the sound of the pressure locks on a pair of doors releasing as two more figures enter the room, raising their, from what I could tell, Bratons at me.

I paused and realized what they were. One had a single crested horn atop his helm and the other had the distinguishable horns on the side of his helm. An Excalibur and Loki. Tenno. Brothers. I released my hostage and bowed to my brothers, who returned the favor after lowering their rifles.

"Where am I, brothers?" I asked them, relaxing slightly.

The doors opened again and they stood aside. The person who entered was a woman, small and nearly fragile looking. She wore a dress that cover her body with the exception of a portion of her chest, around the collarbone. She wore a intricate headdress that cover her eyes with loose cables on it. On her forehead was the mark of the Tenno's order. The Lotus.

I quickly bowed before the woman, realizing who she was. She walked over to me and placed a hand, gentle and soft, on my chin and lifted my head up to face her.

"No need for such formalities among friends, Tenno."

Her voice was stern, but gentle at the same time. I stood up and looked around, expecting to see more cyropods. I only saw the one, the one I awoke from.

"Where are my brothers? Where is the rest of the White Rhinos?"

Her once warming smile faded and my brother Tenno behind her lowered their heads. I looked around, beginning to feel a panic and I shook the small woman in front of me.

"Where are they?!"

"I'm sorry, Tenno....," Her voice was cold and remorseful as she spoke. "Your brothers and the Order of the White Rhino.....They never made it to the cyropods."

My arms went limp, falling off the Lotus and I fell to my knees. I felt heavy and broken. My brothers who I have bled with. My brother who I ate with.  My brothers who I lived with. They were gone, all gone.

I was alone.