The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Why Host Migrations Take So Long?

dadaddadada

After all, at any given point in time each client knows everything about the battlefield status (drops, enemies position, mission objectives etc.) so why a host migration may take up to a solid half-minute to complete?

Also, for some reason, the loading screen get displayed when migration happens, which completely breaks gameplay flow (with a chance of being killed while loading I might add). Not sure *what* the client is loading, as I'm right there, in the middle of a battle and everything that could be loaded has already been loaded.

If migrations took, say, one fourth of the time, it would be a lot more versatile to migrate to another host almost in real time.

EDIT: what happened to the "(host)" suffix appended to the nick of whoever is hosting? I don't think I can check who is the host at this time.

Edited by dadaddadada

It would be really nice if all clients were sub-hosting (I think Dead Island did this) and ready to take over at any moment.

In any case, this should be fixed to so we never have to deal with the host migration leading to that damn "Host connection lost" error and being booted back to our Liset losing all mission progress, affinity, and drops.

It would be really nice if all clients were sub-hosting (I think Dead Island did this) and ready to take over at any moment.

In any case, this should be fixed to so we never have to deal with the host migration leading to that damn "Host connection lost" error and being booted back to our Liset losing all mission progress, affinity, and drops.

Totally forgot about the lost connection annoyance. People get pissed and alt-f4-ing away or something.