Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Method To Alleviate Line-Of-Sight Problems

Shion963

LoS is here, stronger than ever! Not gonna go into the whole nerf aspect, just gonna discuss the mechanic itself and put down a suggestion I have (that might be quite clunky, IDK). And I apologise if my 'humour' is terrible. I'm a bad comedian.

From what I gather, here's how Line-Of-Sight targeting functions (correct me if I'm mistaken on any of these):

1) enemies that directly sees 'frame are counted as LoS

2) enemies that the camera sees are counted as LoS

3) Five second 'memory': enemies under (1) and (2) will be 'kept in LoS' for five seconds

IMHO the biggest issue of Line-Of-Sight isn't the reduced number of targets, but rather that there's no way to know which of them actually is targeted. I.E.: a heavy unit that you were DANG SURE was in LoS via direct 'frame sight on WHAT YOU CAN ASSURE was five seconds ago before it scampered away to take cover SHOULD HAVE BEEN hit by your LoS power, didn't get hit. Now you're crawling on your 4ss and the heavy is teabagging you, blocking your allies' attempt to revive you.

My proposal is as thus: Since LoS renders the 'spontaneous/reactive' use of the power moot:

- Change it to require two presses to activate. 

First button-press marks all targets in LoS rules (1) and (2) with a small icon above their heads, visible through obstacles to denote (3)'s 5-second memory. 

- Second button-press activates power, hitting all marked targets.

Marks are considered valid from moment of sighting until end of cast. Marks that decay at the moment of activation are considered valid, because come on you were sure you activated it before the five seconds ran out, that enemy should be hit, this is utter bull.

This visualises the whole crock of noodles that is LoS rules that you otherwise have to keep up with using mental arithmetic while also running around while being shot to death by gun-toting clones.

It also allows the usage of that five-second buffer to paint more targets, e.g.: using Excal's Super Jump to mark targets who are behind cover before activating Radial Blind/Javelin, or allowing Trinity to 'delay'/cancel using Energy Vampire until target reaches optimum position to affect allies.

Also prevents accidental casts while there are no targets around (for clumsy players like me, anyways).

Could also be expanded to skills like Cataclysm which has its AoE applied to where your cursor is pointed at by showing a visualisation of the AoE radius before casting.  

And maybe mark targets affected by enemy Eximus auras, too! If they're made into LoS like this thread suggests, though. forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/344743-regarding-line-of-sight-mechanics/

Comments and criticisms are welcome. Also welcome: more situations/powers where this would, or would not work. I don't play enough of every 'frame I own to clearly imagine its usefulness for all of their powers. Cheers!

Edited by Shion963

point 1. Magnets dont get LoS in any viable concept.

point 2. excal needed that non LoS to be anywhere near salvageable. now hes a heap of junk that needs a rework or roll back.

point 3. Trinity has now suffered the worst fate of nurf hits and is not viable in ANY situation anymore.

point 4. DE has demonstrated that it cares more for its wallet than other players by taking several unneeded nurfs instead of just changing viver to like, a capture or exterm or summin instead.

point 5. the ideas taken by the community were THE WRONG ONES! thus showing POOR decision making and hacking off pro and con viver players.

point 6. nothing is going to be done now to save DE's  "grand masters" and money spenders and the community is mostly rage quitting.