Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Actual Aliens As A New Faction?

Mr_Loem

I'll admit that when I first started the game, I didn't really pay attention to the lore (or even know there was any), so I just made some assumptions. Such as the Grineer being some kind of "Proud Warrior" race of aliens, kind of like the Klingons in Star Trek. Of course, I looked it up on the wiki later and found out that they were actually cloned humans. Now, it made sense as to why they spoke English and not some alien language, but at the same time I felt a bit bad because I was killing people.

So I figured, why not have a faction of genuinely evil aliens to fight? I know we have the Infested, but it feels more like parasites controlling a host body. I'm talking about aliens that are humanoid, but are obviously not human.

So for combat, I guess that instead of using guns, they use mind bullets or something akin to force lightning. And maybe they could be too lazy to walk and just float everywhere or something. What do you guys think?

but at the same time I felt a bit bad because I was killing people.

^ this made me laugh mate cos i felt the same in wow when i had to kill some poor defenseless animal :)

Think they said in one of those twitch tv things they will add a new faction in the future so who knows, maybe aliens.

I'm all for expanding factions and adding new enemy units to deal with. Fighting the same models over and over wears thin after a while.

This.

They were going to implement some new models for the Grineer and Infested weren't they?