Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Not Putting Forma In Things Cause A Net Con/pro Effect?

DSpite

We can basically dump 6 Forma in a particular weapon, put it on a starter Frame, add maybe a low level secondary and melee weapon to rank up, go on most game modes, and because AI is what it is, we can basically power level other gear.

MR rating becomes a moot point as far as meaning when all it starts to mean is "how many cheap Credit only weapons from the market I can swap in and out while they auto-level to 30".

I'm not saying Level Lock them like Diablo or Borderlands, based on level, but purely as an example, should not Putting a Forma in a gun say, raise maybe it's MR level by one? A Soma would not let you put a 4th Forma on it until you hit MR 10 for example.

I see a lot of topic on changing MR requirements for things, but since MR is so easy to get - or at least it's trivial to about 6 just on how many free weapons you get from Login rewards and Alerts, that another variable is needed.

Not saying THIS example is a good one, I'm asking if making Forma have an effect we need to balance out, or allow us more game options simply because we "grinded" so hard to get it that way, like starting missions at wave 5 because we all in mission with 1 Forma Frames. Ok, I'm just making random crap up now, but you know what I'm getting at.

Does anyone have a decent sounding idea that would fit such a scenario?

No, why would we have to be forced to rank up other weapons to mod the ones we like?... 

On the other hand i would love if the game gave me harder enemies based on the amount of forma i'm "wearing". For example in sechura, i would like to start from wave 15 onward if i had the option.

If anything a Forma should reduce the EXP needed to level up a weapon to give people a bigger incentive to use them. It doesn't need to reduce a lot but after each Forma you've put in it should reduce it by some degree.

There might be a bigger use of Forma which are a money sink for some and people will spend more time playing the game because they can now rank up weapons easier.

Adding cons to them will only punish the new players or those who just got the weapon due to Mastery rank.