Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

24 Hour Waiting

VjinxV

There is no need for that kind of language. Was this test the sidearms test or the survival test? theses are fairly easy and you can fail through either a bug or running out of ammo. If it was a bug then i suggest you make note of that OR maybe you just plain failed the test and are not ready to proceed to the next rank, makes sense right? 

Edited by Fezalion

Yes i think that the 24 hours are bad but really it is so that leveling up isn't too easy. Maybe 12 hours minimum would be nice. Also, please refrain from using vulgar language on the forums next time you are dissatisfied with the game performance.

The only think it stops is an arbitrary level and you cant buy certain items until you do pass. You stil lget credit for the items you level up, yo ucan level weapons, you can level warframes. you are worried about the least important arbitrary level.

The day-long wait on mastery retest is obnoxiously long for one reason:  It's the only high-end goal at all in Warframe.  The problem is, once you get beyond 4th mastery, those levels are completely meaningless outside of the leaderboard.  I guess you would care if you wanted to see who's the best at picking the most damaging loadout on the most populated, short, repeatable, mission and staying awake to farm the longest.

So yeah, once they have a real end-game they'll most likely reduce the 24-hour wait time on mastery rank retest.  Alongside blueprints, which can be sped up for a fee, its the only real content gate they have in the game.

2a7cbd91_1429754-1253930_this_thread_aga

Please look up the 200 other threads created about this issue.

In a nutshell: You have no right to complain if you are playing hide and seek with the enemies and shooting them in the foot instead of the head.

Start using your brain instead of playing forum warrior just because the game managed to hurt your epeen by penalizing you for sucking. Thank you.

Have a nice day.

2a7cbd91_1429754-1253930_this_thread_aga

Please look up the 200 other threads created about this issue.

In a nutshell: You have no right to complain if you are playing hide and seek with the enemies and shooting them in the foot instead of the head.

Start using your brain instead of playing forum warrior just because the game managed to hurt your epeen by penalizing you for sucking. Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Gotta love the forum police that are so satisified with the game that they troll current topics to be sure and bash those who have an issue instead of actually playing said game.

Also, I don't think you know what a "right" is.  I guess we can thank public school for that though...  You have the "right" to complain about anything assuming your country allows freedom of speech.  Though you are obligated to follow the rules set out by the administrators who provide the forums for you to complain, nobody is going to put you in jail if you don't...they'll just remove your forum privileges.  That is, assuming your breaking of the rules doesn't involve malicious actions toward property not owned by you.

Edited by Thaumatos

weeeeelllll heeelllll i guess someone dosent like colorfully adjectives and i will try and use less sorry iam an offencive person just kinda comes out with out any thought and another peron *cough*aerensiniac*cough* is the badass mmo'er dude so lets lookie here iam not gonna get in a fight with the 1uper dude i just pointed out something i thought was a little harsh is all

Gotta love the forum police that are so satisified with the game that they troll current topics to be sure and bash those who have an issue instead of actually playing said game.

What I really love are those who call others names just because they dont say "yeah thats a real problem" bla bla....

The game simply wont reward you for failing. This is really something you call an issue? Hilarious.....

All the unhelpful flaming aside, you'll be able to re-test tomorrow at this time.  Failing a test does not prevent you from playing, or from getting experience - the most it'll do is delay allowing you to get the Gorgon or Hek.

Edited by rhoenix

Also, I don't think you know what a "right" is.  I guess we can thank public school for that though...  You have the "right" to complain about anything assuming your country allows freedom of speech.  Though you are obligated to follow the rules set out by the administrators who provide the forums for you to complain, nobody is going to put you in jail if you don't...they'll just remove your forum privileges.  That is, assuming your breaking of the rules doesn't involve malicious actions toward property not owned by you.

king_harkinian_by_ps3guy221-d5geloj.jpg

Okay. Well sorry. I just assumed that from one short and strong enough reply, people would start their brains. Since thats obviously not the case, let me refute you throughly.

"Issue" is a relative concept strictly bound to one's opinion.

Something that is an issue for you, is not an issue for someone else.

That being said, i have no idea why anybody should feel inclined to do anything just because you have stated your opinion.

This is where arguments come in the picture by which one can debate the said topic. Are here any arguments to be found?

No dear sir. There are zero arguments to be found, but selfish whining about a beyond easy game concept which indeed punishes you if you fail to live up to its basics.

Conclusively: If you can state your opinion, so can i. If you can bash the game, i can bash your opinion too.

Refer to what i have said above, and let me ask who you are talking to, cause if you indeed mean what you are writing, then you should have no problem with me complaining about your complaining.

Or did your public school teach you in regards of rights that yours is something special that stands above the rights of the rest? Think again bob.

The 24 hour wait works perfectly.

A few of my friends failed the first test cause they thought that they can fool around without repercussions.

After the initial failure, they havent failed a test ever since and grew to cherish this cause what do you know? A game that does not award and praise you for failing? Jolly good thats a first in today's casual kiddie mmo infested world.

By fearing the repercussion and punishment, there is a bigger sense of achievement once you have completed it.

Naturally: there is also a bigger sense of failure and im guessing that is why we are seeing all these "im sad that i have been punished for failing" topics.

Summarized:

If you think you are entitled to whining without arguments, then i am just as much entitled to whine about your whining.

Alas, by presenting arguments i have already left you behind.

Wanna try and catch up by actually presenting something that is at least somehow related to formulating an argument?

Edited by Aerensiniac

iam not sad for failing it just kinda sucks but maybe someone can answer this for me though if i continue onward and gain xp and level the weapons/warframes and the like and does it add my mastery points later 

Edited by VjinxV

ok i think that post didnt make much sense umm lets try this if i keep playing and leveling my weapons/warframes will the mastery points be added after i finish the rank exam or do i lose them?

Yes, you keep gaining rank XP even though you can't see it until you get the next rank.

king_harkinian_by_ps3guy221-d5geloj.jpg

Okay. Well sorry. I just assumed that from one short and strong enough reply, people would start their brains. Since thats obviously not the case, let me refute you throughly.

"Issue" is a relative concept strictly bound to one's opinion.

Something that is an issue for you, is not an issue for someone else.

That being said, i have no idea why anybody should feel inclined to do anything just because you have stated your opinion.

This is where arguments come in the picture by which one can debate the said topic. Are here any arguments to be found?

No dear sir. There are zero arguments to be found, but selfish whining about a beyond easy game concept which indeed punishes you if you fail to live up to its basics.

Conclusively: If you can state your opinion, so can i. If you can bash the game, i can bash your opinion too.

Refer to what i have said above, and let me ask who you are talking to, cause if you indeed mean what you are writing, then you should have no problem with me complaining about your complaining.

Or did your public school teach you in regards of rights that yours is something special that stands above the rights of the rest? Think again bob.

The 24 hour wait works perfectly.

A few of my friends failed the first test cause they thought that they can fool around without repercussions.

After the initial failure, they havent failed a test ever since and grew to cherish this cause what do you know? A game that does not award and praise you for failing? Jolly good thats a first in today's casual kiddie mmo infested world.

By fearing the repercussion and punishment, there is a bigger sense of achievement once you have completed it.

Naturally: there is also a bigger sense of failure and im guessing that is why we are seeing all these "im sad that i have been punished for failing" topics.

Summarized:

If you think you are entitled to whining without arguments, then i am just as much entitled to whine about your whining.

Alas, by presenting arguments i have already left you behind.

Wanna try and catch up by actually presenting something that is at least somehow related to formulating an argument?

also further more i would like to re-evaluate what i was pissed off about was not that i failed i was kinda mad that the game bugged out on me it happens no matter what game you play i was basiclay rage flinging i have a tendency to do that (it is beyond my control) and S#&$ happens my initial intent was to report that the game told me to do one thing and failed me for the very thing it told me to do. i was NOT trying to pull the poor me no please dont fail me bit 

I took the same test as OP, failed it the first time because I had my music going, didn't hear what was going on, so I failed, waited 24 hours, tried again, no big deal, games shouldn't have to reward those who can't play the game. I like challenge, granted, the 2nd time I actually knew what to expect, so I found the test to be too easy. But then again, I've played other shooter games, most FPS games, so I understand the head is the weakest spot on the body, the foot, isn't.

Tho I do think there should be a little heads up saying "Hey, your upcoming test is going to be focused around pistols", not many people focus on all of the weapons, some focus on their primary weapons.

I personally too think 24hour may be a bit harsh especially "to these who dont want to wait till last second" thats why most MMO's scraped this mostly because people don't wait till last second and tent do lose time

Most made 20-22 hour system instead 24h because its still long , yet friendly(to explain more lets assume you failed your test at 23:00 , meanwhile you did mission and you did another on 23:31 and you failed again , lets asume you cant stay past midnight and you failed test again making next test aper near midnight(because who waits till last second) so now you wait 36hours to able to do your test

20hour? you failed at 23:00 but hey its just 20 hours instead and you can do your test on 19:00 ,(or 21:00)

Paying a fee rather than a wait time would make the test meaningful without preventing the player from continuing the game. Thinking that a player deserves to no longer advance in the game because he failed the test is bogative. This misses the purpose of video games which is enjoyment. A feature which bottlenecks that enjoyment should be removed/fixed. 

Paying a fee rather than a wait time would make the test meaningful without preventing the player from continuing the game. Thinking that a player deserves to no longer advance in the game because he failed the test is bogative. This misses the purpose of video games which is enjoyment. A feature which bottlenecks that enjoyment should be removed/fixed. 

On the other hand, it also reinforces the idea of patience in a player.  It encourages the player to go play other areas in the meantime, and perhaps check the internet for information during those 24 hours.  When I've failed the test (I've done so twice along the way), I'd go back and practice maneuvers in other missions, and look up information about that test on the internet.

In this case, failing a test encourages you to get to know the game better, and I'm okay with that.

Edited by rhoenix

It doesn't make it any less annoying to see this thread every day just because people arn't good enough to level up. If you arn't good enough to pass the test you shouldn't be allowed to level up to use the better guns.