Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Still An Incomplete And Very Alpha Attempt At What Could Be An Interesting Enemy.

Innocent_Flower

So, What? When were the corrupted released? Before my time certainly and I think I've been here a while. The Tower tileset is pretty, It's cool. The extremely high ceiling isn't used well and the trees would probably be better off if they added a spash of colour to a place that's slightly too conservative with colour. But the real problem is that the enemy is more boring than a long game of Cricket. Not to say that grunt design is a strength of DE.. But the corrupted is really poor. 

The concept is cool. Very simple, but cool. "every enemy in the game, regardless of faction, hypnotized to only be against you. From that alone we should have the most varied array of enemies and therefore most unpredictable and interesting gameplay combinations. We don't. We've got an infested ancient, two grunts, a heavy gunner, that moa who gets in close and those shield guys. 

But the solution isn't even a difficult thing to do. You grab a character, copy him into the corrupted faction,  make him white. put him on the spawnlists. It's almost literally that simple. Should take under ten minutes for each character.  

We've been waiting for some kind of change since... Well I wasn't there for it's release, but the fact that the enemy hasn't been changed since then is just... silly. Players spend hours and hours playing the void for the prime parts they want,  the void should warrant some attention. 

You know the post you did regarding the fact we use a lot of one-trick-pony abilities to deal with things and maybe it should be looked at because we can too easily trivialize a map?

That was probably feedback.

This post? I have no idea what it is.

My guess It's just you complaining that the enemies are boring you? You have also stated elsewhere that you are MR <high number> that have played a long time and have everything in the game.

Well, Borderlands gets boring too. The 4th run through Far Cry 3 gets boring, even with mods. Diablo gets boring. And so on.

Just because DE is not giving YOU new stuff fast enough does not let you get away with writing this crap. So stop. There is plenty of new players that have just started out and they have not played to death, and think the game is fine.

Hey, your posts? They are starting to get boring too, annoying in fact. So reel the attitude back in when talking about DE, you know, the company that LETS YOU play the game.