Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Abilties Hotkey Selection

Morgo

Normally, I bind all the keys for each game (lefthanded player). An also, I try to stick each key with a general idea (Use key, jump jey,etc). 

The problem I have with that in Warframe is playing different warframes doesn't allow that. The hotkey for each abilities are putted on strength scale. For example, when im playing rhino, my second hotkey puts my defense skill (iron skin), but when playing with Frost, my defense skill is on the third hotkey (Snow Globe).

Yes, I know I could remap the keys each time I use a different warframe, but I don't think it's the optimal solution.

Since all warframe have 4 skills, and even if they add further, i don't think DE allow to equip more than 4 at same time, what I suggest is using the polarity abilities slots of each warframe as also a selector of which hotkey you want to assing to each ability. So the left slots will be hotkey 1 and 2, and the ones in the right, 3 and 4 (From up to down).

So for example, if you want to use Avalanche on the hotkey 1, you equip it on the first slot of the grid mods of your Frost.

Edited by Morgo

As an alternate suggestion, you know how when you go into the arsenal it shows the powers for your warfame under the selected frame? What about being able to drag those into a different order that corresponds to the mouse keys in a downward motion ie. top=1 next=2 etc. You don't have to worry about polarity and picking the right slots and bam reorganised skills.

Just put the 4 skill polarities on the left hand side and number them 1, 2, 3, 4 in correspondence with the skill number.  Then proceed with the other polarities on your frame, followed by the non-polarized slots on the right hand side.

I think that would be the simplest solution.

I'd rather have it more like a standard ARPG like Path of Exile where you have your "skill buttons" and just map them to the skills you want. Save that info with each Warframe as a profile.

Ideally, in the warframe's mod screen, above you could have an enlarged version of the skill arrangement that you have in the HUD. As you move the mods around in the polarity/mod grid, the additional "skills" menu it will show what skills you have equipped, along with the keybinding. Then just drag the order around.

Similar to rearranging your weapon slots in Borderlands 2.

Yeah, just swap them by moving the mod-cards themselves around. (This is assuming, of course, that those ability polarities are perma-fixed, no matter what prestige stuff they're planning down the road.)

Edited by HvcTerr