Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Feline Frame, Ideas And Concepts! (Thanks Derebecca For The Idea <3)

EclipsedHusky

I like the idea of a feline female warframe.... but based on comments in the livestream by Mynki the art director, inspirations for warframes are generally historically inspired from different civilizations, mythologies, and what not. (Implementing this correctly is vital to making this frame serious and not a furry joke).

Perhaps making reference to the Egyptian goddess, Bastet, who was the actual goddess of cats would be more fitting to the game. Reference should be made that Bastet was originally war-like and also had the head of a Lioness, much later being more depicted as domesticated.

Information about her http://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/bast.html

Edit: Just saw the concept art in the post above, looks great!

Edited by Scorpiovaeden

How on earth does a "kitty cat" match up with the world of tenno, grineer, corpus, and infested that fight in space with guns and ninja weapons...

This does NOT fit at all.

It is entirely out of place...

So, you are basically saying that a "Tiger" can't fit into an Eastern inspired Saga of ninjas and Katanas??

Really?? -_-

I fail to see how gender plays any part in that?

If they're gonna make furry jokes... They're gonna make Furry jokes

regardless

Trust me, making it a catgirl (even if it's not, that's how it will be instantly perceived) is considerably worse when trying to avoid being the butt of furry jokes/refs.

Trust me, making it a catgirl (even if it's not, that's how it will be instantly perceived) is considerably worse when trying to avoid being the butt of furry jokes/refs.

Catgirls are in that wierd territory of being furry but not depending on the design case. -IE Being attracted to Lethe or Ahri doesn't make you a furry being attracted to Krystal or Sally does IDK i don't get it either-

and Why is this a issue? Most people aren't gonna  care

Catgirls are in that wierd territory of being furry but not depending on the design case. -IE Being attracted to Lethe or Ahri doesn't make you a furry being attracted to Krystal or Sally does IDK i don't get it either-

and Why is this a issue? Most people aren't gonna  care

Just trying to help =P

I like the idea of a feline female warframe.... but based on comments in the livestream by Mynki the art director, inspirations for warframes are generally historically inspired from different civilizations, mythologies, and what not. (Implementing this correctly is vital to making this frame serious and not a furry joke).

Perhaps making reference to the Egyptian goddess, Bastet, who was the actual goddess of cats would be more fitting to the game. Reference should be made that Bastet was originally war-like and also had the head of a Lioness, much later being more depicted as domesticated.

Information about her http://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/bast.html

Edit: Just saw the concept art in the post above, looks great!

Bastet gets used everywhere which is why i used the names i did.

How on earth does a "kitty cat" match up with the world of tenno, grineer, corpus, and infested that fight in space with guns and ninja weapons...

This does NOT fit at all.

It is entirely out of place...

Please stop being negative and bring something useful to this topic.

I would love if they did implement this, but a male version.

Cause IMO most of you people want it for stupid reasons.

You people are ridiculous!

EDIT: Actually on another note I would love if they swapped some of the genders of the existing frames, they are very stereotypical. e.g. Rhino.

EDIT2: I could imagine a male feline frame that looks something like Ornstein from dark souls.

Edited by aza-industries

I would love if they did implement this, but a male version.

Cause IMO most of you people want it for stupid reasons.

You people are ridiculous!

EDIT: Actually on another note I would love if they swapped some of the genders of the existing frames, they are very stereotypical. e.g. Rhino.

EDIT2: I could imagine a male feline frame that looks something like Ornstein from dark souls.

But..But..Ornstein is a Lion, not a cat :\

We got an athlete, a snake, a norse god of thieves and trickery, elementals, a ninja, a mythological ghost woman and a goddamn rhino. I don't see how we can't have a cat-based Frame.

Other then Molt, I really don't get a snake theme from Saryn... she's more posionous plant then Snake IMO

But..But..Ornstein is a Lion, not a cat :\

Armor serves various purposes. 2 of those is too protect and the other instil fear in the enemy. Are silly cat ears scary? No they are laughable.

The general vibe I get from the warframe setting / lore is a more serious tone. If they start adding stuff that doesn't fit in the world it's going to break immersion thus lessening the fun I can have playing it.

Other then Molt, I really don't get a snake theme from Saryn... she's more posionous plant then Snake IMO

You're right. She could be both. She can shed her skin like a snake, and put toxic on her weapon as with fangs, while also being able to pollute the atmosphere with toxic gas and make toxic spores like certain wild flowers. 

S#&amp;&#036;, she's a snakeplant. That's even better.

Armor serves various purposes. 2 of those is too protect and the other instil fear in the enemy. Are silly cat ears scary? No they are laughable.

The general vibe I get from the warframe setting / lore is a more serious tone. If they start adding stuff that doesn't fit in the world it's going to break immersion thus lessening the fun I can have playing it.

i admit, it wasn't much of a serious choice to choose a "Cat" specifically from the Feline race..but that doesn't mean we can't have a "Tiger", does it?

Like i said before, a "Tigress/Lioness" would fit right into an Eastern inspired game..

i admit, it wasn't much of a serious choice to choose a "Cat" specifically from the Feline race..but that doesn't mean we can't have a "Tiger", does it?

Like i said before, a "Tigress/Lioness" would fit right into an Eastern inspired game..

Yes that would be fine, but what I'm getting from this thread is generally people want a cutesy anime cat thing.

I did just flick through it fairly quick, and I'm also judging the idea by how I've heard people "squee" over a cat frame in conversation.

I  don't doubt there have been real world armor based on lions/tigers in history either. And again that's not what I'm seeing requested (mostly).

Ninjas are serious business. ಠ_ಠ

Edited by aza-industries

Well, not sure about the "Eastern" part, but the design SilverBones created looks awesome and fits the overall Warframe style.

Ninjas are serious business. ಠ_ಠ

Really? <.<

When you look at your average team, you have at least one pink or multi-colored Power Ranger look-alike. That breaks the immersion even more than one warframe with a design that doesn't fit 'your' idea of cyberninjas.

TL;DR: As long as the design fits the overall Warframe style, let them have it.