Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Play With People. Connection Issue? Help?

Auroan

Question

It just started happening recently, and I haven't done anything different with my PC, or any of it's programs, which is why I'm confused as to what it may be.

However, every time I join someones game, or they join my game, within about 30 seconds, they're all kicked from my party, or I'm kicked from there's. Sometimes, though rarely, when I try to connect to them, I get the "Failed To Join Session" message, or whatever it is. If they're already in game, I'll be stuck on the loading screen with the flying ship, my screen will freeze for a bit, than go back to normal, and than tell me failed to connect to host. 

Now, this doesn't happen all the time, however. Sometimes I'll actually be able to stay in the party for a bit and get into some games successfully with them, and they'd be able to stay in mine. However, there are still small things that happen. Though, I'm not sure if this much is because of the issues I'm having, or if it's just Warframe. But, sometimes their profile icons won't appear, when a game time starts (at the 5 second mark), it won't go down and I'll be stuck there, than next thing you know, screen freezes, black screen, brought into the loading screen very briefly and then the cinematics go off.

Sometimes if I join a game in progress, even if it just started, nothing will load. It's like, on my screen, I'm underground, cause everything looks all odd. My HUD is blank, as in zero energy, zero ammo, zero health/shield, etc. 

My connection/speed is fairly good. I can download at 3.6Mbs a sec, and I play everything else perfectly fine. I do have Avast as my firewall, but this is a problem that just started recently and I've had Avast for years and already checked to make sure it's not blocking Warframe. I do remember a message popping up as soon as I logged in however long ago saying the whole Firewall UDP Ports 4950 and 4955 thing, but I've already tried that method and still, nothing changes. Am I screwed? Do I need to re-install? 

5 answers to this question

Latest hot topics had a bit about connection issues. Might wanna post something on that thread, too. Could be helpful for the DEvs.

Anyways, I personally can't tell you much about network troubleshooting. Maybe try the network analyser thing, it's somewhere in the ingame options.

Latest hot topics had a bit about connection issues. Might wanna post something on that thread, too. Could be helpful for the DEvs.

Anyways, I personally can't tell you much about network troubleshooting. Maybe try the network analyser thing, it's somewhere in the ingame options.

Yeah, that's actually another thing I tried. It said "all systems nominal". I went to the launcher and did that Download Cache/Optimize thing too in order to ensure everything was where it should be. I even went on Steam (my Warframe is via Steam) to try and repair it, and it did say I was missing like, 111 files, but that's already been taken care of and the problem still occurs. However, now that I think about it, it hasn't happened until slightly after Update 15. Probably after one of it's hotfixes. I'd like to say maybe that's the reason, by why it's effecting me and practically no one else I play with is beyond me.

My connecting to other players since the console UD has been phenominal, and I have heard no large issues for console. I suspect this is either more isolated to your case, trying to connect to bad hosts, or an update inbetween U15 and U15.3 had done some damage for the PC community.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

Please keep the "What Is And Isn't General Discussion?" thread in mind before posting to this subforum.

Yeah, that's actually another thing I tried. It said "all systems nominal". I went to the launcher and did that Download Cache/Optimize thing too in order to ensure everything was where it should be. I even went on Steam (my Warframe is via Steam) to try and repair it, and it did say I was missing like, 111 files, but that's already been taken care of and the problem still occurs. However, now that I think about it, it hasn't happened until slightly after Update 15. Probably after one of it's hotfixes. I'd like to say maybe that's the reason, by why it's effecting me and practically no one else I play with is beyond me.

Just a tip for Steam users: Never ever verify Warframe using steam, it always downloads an older version. Only verify with the Warframe launcher.

I can't say much about network problems, man. So many possible causes. For example: I have the hardest time to match up with a clanner if mine as long as he's on his home network. Tried disabling firewall, NAT settings, resetting modems/routers. Multiple failures. He tries a local coffee shop's WiFi, joined on first try.