Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Mods Are... Rare? Wtf?!

Hollow_Knight

Ok yeah, clue is in the name, but I do feel that currently the rare mods are ridiculously difficult to find.  Enemies are supposed to have a higher chance of dropping rare mods the higher level they get, but that makes it supremely hard to get the Grineer's rare mods, since their highest level planet (Ceres) only goes to level 35 or so... (don't know what I'm talking about? read this: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods)

Friend of mine is currently looking for split chamber for his rifle, we've been farming Grineer on Ceres for about a week, and haven't seen a single one.  In contrast to the week after update 7 were I got about 5.

I'm not asking to go back to the old drop rates which (quite apart from making no sense) were way too high.  But could we at least up the chances a bit?  Or maybe give bosses a much higher chance to drop them: give players something to aim their farm tools at.  Alternatively, defense mission rewards could be improved (if I get one more "Heated charge"....).

I realise not everyone will agree of course, but how many of you (like me) have a whole bunch of these rare mods hanging over from when they were ridiculously common?

Edited by Hollow_Knight

The mod drops seem a tad out of whack, even for common and uncommon mods.

I will find common mods and say to myself "this is common?" while picking up 4 uncommon mods in a match, 3 of which may be duplicates.

Also, as awesome as it may be, I do not think a rare mod should be the prize for a wave 5 completion of a level ~20 defense mission. (Level 10 probably would have been sniper ammo :P )

its not so much  that rare mods are too rare; its that there is a glut of mods that are technically useless because of the number of warframes and the weapon types. think about this idea.

-remove all abilty from drops and add them all to the store

-combine the vitality , steelfiber, redirection and fast deflection mod for warframes and sentinels

-compact all the weapons mods into a single universal set.

and all that would do is  increase  the change of getting the mod you need but you would need even more of any one mode.

ps i just got my split chamber today and instantly shoved every fusion core i had into it.

Edited by Geuax

What's the actual ratio of common:uncommon:rare?

Because right now it seems off that I get maybe 1 rare every 3 hours of gameplay. I really think it should be fixed, like 16:4:1 or so, with higher-level mobs having better drop chances for mods period.

Even when fighting lvl 181 Mobs in a defense (nyx op) they still dropped common mods. I have heard that they are going to implement level scaling for rewards eventually. so lets hope for the best 

"They are still dropping common mods" Oi oi, did you expect that you will get rare only at 100+ lvl? That's ridiculous. There wouldn't be a point to go further in that case. 

Im pretty unsure in regards of this question.

Rarity is a good thing. Yes its a lot of trouble and with a bit of bad luck, it can become the reason as to why people will leave a game, but if kept in check, rarity adds a reason and point to play and look for new stuff.

My honest opinion is that rarity is fine.

Defense missions on higher levels such as 30+ are getting a slow but steady drop chance boost.

Maybe there should be a bit more adjustments in regards of this and encourage folks to go defense?

Im not completely sure, but its a fact that rarity needs to play a hard factor in any mmo.

a good thing for defense missions is that the first 5 will be a guaranteed common. next will be uncommon at 10, then at 15 its a rare, banshee part or a 1/30 chance of getting a weapon blueprint (any weapon good or bad: lato, dark sword, amphis, scindo, braton,etc ). i personally feel that the lv 15 is really difficult for non-potatoekin weapon/warframes that are non coordinated so i feel that the reward should be a good incentive to try harder.

I actually preferred the old rates.  I regret not doing much of my grinding before the nerf.

I've yet to see cryo rounds, or freeze mods for anything outside of my melee weapon.  I have a ton of other useless mods, which don't sell for much, are expensive to combine with anything (with little gain), and just otherwise take up space in lieu of something else that could drop.

Glad to see I'm not in the minority here.

Personally I think wave 15 should be a guaranteed rare on the level 35+ defense missions, they're hard enough to merit it :)

Has anyone found a mission type or maybe even a specific mission that they find best for module farming?  Interested to hear your thoughts: personally I find Grineer mobile defense to be a good source of mods, as the enemies spawn in the hundreds (Usually just shy of 500 total).  They spawn a lot faster than on regular defense missions so you can really bring that AoE out to play.  Just be warned, if you're hosting a 4 person game your framerate will probably hit the floor.

Also: anyone else disappointed that when they said Glaive they didn't mean this?

Edited by Hollow_Knight