Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Mods Are... Rare? Wtf?!

Hollow_Knight

I actually preferred the old rates.  I regret not doing much of my grinding before the nerf.

I've yet to see cryo rounds, or freeze mods for anything outside of my melee weapon.  I have a ton of other useless mods, which don't sell for much, are expensive to combine with anything (with little gain), and just otherwise take up space in lieu of something else that could drop.

Me too. The game was really fun then because I felt rewarded for playing so many hours.  The words Mission Accomplished at the end and credits I can't use because I'd rather have mods, isn't a reward really, for me anyway.  Those older rates were good, and time=reward was great. I evenI had convinced a lot of my friends to play too before the nerf where they gave up and went back to their boring mmo.

It seems only the split damages mods are super rare.

I have gotten every elements mods on all 4 weapon types but yet only 1 split damage mod each for long gun and shotgun.

The pistol split damage mod (barrel diffusion) has escaped me everytime.

But should we change the drop rate?

Not neccessarily because the drops are all luck-based. I got the mod your friend is looking for (split chamber) but perhaps he/she has barrel diffusion which I have been searching for since day 1.

The mods I believe allows for up to a 120% chance of twice the damage. If this includes all elemental damage on the weapon, we can see how ridiculously powerful weapons can get, so this might be why it's so super rare. They also seem to have high mod capacity usage though.

Of course, that's just my opinion. If they do raise the drop rate for it, I would be happy since barrel diffusion becomes easier to get but if not, I guess I wouldn't mind either.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to necro-post this to try and keep the discussion going.  Said friend has (finally) gotten a split chamber mod (and then another one about an hour or two later).

Didn't see anything in the Vauban patch notes about any changes to the drop chances, hoping we might yet see a minor increase in update 8.

Keep it awesome DE.

BTH, I can't wait for scaling loot drops. Currently, only loot drop than "scales" with level are the 3 new mods, since DESteve said that the best loot tables are at 20+.

But then again, if we get multiple loot rarity on the same loot (IE: Common, Uncommon or Rare Piercing Hit), it would make the game even better.

Edited by matrixEXO