Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A "end This Match But Let Me Keep My Loot" Button For Duration Of Beta

gerbilOFdoom

I've found that the beta is extremely buggy - oftentimes making me lose loot. I recommend a chat command or button that allows a group to leave the game but keep their mods/credits/xp. Now, this is certainly counterintuitive in terms of cheating the rules of gameplay... but at this point, the game is cheating the rules of gameplay. So give us a ban button on misbehaving game sessions.

I've found that the beta is extremely buggy - oftentimes making me lose loot. I recommend a chat command or button that allows a group to leave the game but keep their mods/credits/xp. Now, this is certainly counterintuitive in terms of cheating the rules of gameplay... but at this point, the game is cheating the rules of gameplay. So give us a ban button on misbehaving game sessions.

I run into a bugged mission about one out of 100 missions, due to Corpus lockdown shenanigans.  I can't support this idea - it uses a firetruck to swat a fly.

Well, keep in mind that the point is to provide a way out when there are bugs - exploitations aside, this is an open beta. Unless I am mistaken, the existing progress should be wiped before the game leaves beta. Who cares if some people get their gear faster, anyway?

Well, keep in mind that the point is to provide a way out when there are bugs - exploitations aside, this is an open beta. Unless I am mistaken, the existing progress should be wiped before the game leaves beta. Who cares if some people get their gear faster, anyway?

The DE Devs have stated multiple times that the upcoming reset is purely optional, to be performed on a player's request only.

What's with all the people who assume there's going to be a full reset? The devs have stated MANY times that they will NEVER do a full reset, the only reset there will ever be is the optional reset that the devs have promised to give us in the near future.

On topic: I don't think this would ever be implemented; this would just reintroduce all of problems that the 'lose-all-loot-on-failure' change was intended to solve in the first place.

Do i want a button that would cause my Squad to leave as soon as a boss dies? NO
The optional reset is entirely that, OPTIONAL

And as said before by others, i've had 1 bugged mission in the entire time i've been playing.

I've put in close to 170 hours and have been crippled by bugs in 1 mission.  The most I can see in this direction is something like the revive system (X charges per week, refills weekly) that allows you to abort while keeping rewards.  And I'm not sure even that would be worth implementing.

DE just needs to make -unstick and -regenerate level commands available in the immediate aftermath of new tileset release. Those are when the worst bugs happen. -unstuck at the very least should be easy since the game can already teleport you to a "safe" location in a room when you jump in a hole.

Umm, no. The chance that this function will lead to exploitation is too high. Many players have been complaining about buggy missions but, personally, I got only 1-2 missions bugged out of 200 hours spent in the game.

Buggy game =/= the game cheat you. Report said bug and continue playing.

I got to agree with the majority, I do not want people getting rewards for abandoning a mission (even in the event of a bug, sure it sucks but thats the breaks of Beta).

As to failing, that a different matter, though I'd prefer yo loose all my stuff on a fail that have people able to purposely die to just abandon the match anyway.  Honestly though, failing (even abandoning) could be kept if they added boss loot to be awarded at the end of the mission (Ie. you only get boss loot if you win the entire mission).

Maybe even adding a re-start (vote) mission that the group has an option for in the event of failures.

Edited by Loswaith