Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alarm sounding

Maninas

I've seen a lot of people complain about the lack of stealth in this game and I have to say I'd fit myself into that group. I've noticed that you start off being told you're still unnoticed on the ship, but as soon as you enter the first room, sure enough, a measly trooper will head straight to the control panel with lightning reflexes and set off the alarm. Wouldn't making that process easier to avoid add to the stealth element of the game? If you could intercept the alarm's activation, you'd still be in the clear and could actually attempt to do some sneaking around.

Have any of you noticed this? Do you think it should be changed?

I too, wish stealth was a viable option and I urge the devs to consider reinforcing that avenue of play. Anything from a sneak-stance or stealth kill ability would help greatly. If you had a way to play stealthy and effectively in Warframe it would be a massive bonus to gameplay, replayability, player diversity etc.

I guess maybe a covering system and a silent assassination to distracted enemies would help to reinforce that stealth feeling to the game

The covering system isn't really necessary, as long as you stay behind cover. It takes more skill to be unseen when you don't stick to walls automatically and that seems more fun to me, personally.

The covering system isn't really necessary, as long as you stay behind cover. It takes more skill to be unseen when you don't stick to walls automatically and that seems more fun to me, personally.

Still being nessesary in Firefights.... covering system would be a great addition to this awsome game

Sticking to walls is not necessary in firefights. I am defintely against cover systems like this since strafing is so much faster than a turn animation and cover systems can get messy. Being space ninjas however, I think a better stealth system is very much in order. Silent takedowns is a must.

Some people already wrote that if you take a lot of time that you can complete the mission undetected. From what I see now there are some "random" points which makes it impossible. When I start the mission in the first room I don't know what's behind it and how shall I check if there is something because when I open it 'surprise' 5 enemies infront of me...unless I am Loki and waste all my energy for invis. Nothing I can do, also to see who is running to the terminal for alert is also very hard. I also personally don't like the cover idea. It would be nice for a stealth game from the beginning, but this game is focused more on killing and action.

Edited by Neruell

• 2 weeks later...