Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Effect (Proc) : Would It Work Better If Elemental And Base Type Were Separate Percentage?

DSpite

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Proc

My thoughts are based on the understanding that physical and elemental proc chance are the same. I might be wrong on that.

---

If initially, elemental and physical procs had their own chance percentage, they could be split, and set as equal, and nothing would change. Later, those two numbers could be adjusted per weapon to make weapons behave more uniquely.

Braton Prime for example has a 10% base proc chance, and giving it a higher chance might unbalance it when the elements are stacked on, however, if say, the Elemental proc was dropped to 5% and the Physical Proc put to say 20% it would cause a lot of bleeds when modded well and give it a decent boost without turning into an elemental proc machine, and still keep it unique.

This would also allow changes to the spread of the Impact/Slash/Puncture damages to be tweaked to get particular weapons to cause a lot more of one class of physical proc.

Some weapons would probably end up more interesting then others, for example, Flux Rifles, to say, become high slash proc, but only set things on fire with a lower proc chance.

Any thoughts? Would be great to hear from people that have weapons that might be made more unique by this system.

Edited by DSpite

I like this. I feel that many weapons (particularly slash based melees and Impact based weapons) have lower status chances because DE doesn't want them to be elemental focused. Splitting the different status types makes this work better.

Would you have the status mods work on both? I think I'd have the elemental ones only work on elemental status, while the base ones could work for both physical status and elemental status. I would also add a physical status boost to the Slash (and presumably impact and puncture) event mods.

I like this. I feel that many weapons (particularly slash based melees and Impact based weapons) have lower status chances because DE doesn't want them to be elemental focused. Splitting the different status types makes this work better.

Would you have the status mods work on both? I think I'd have the elemental ones only work on elemental status, while the base ones could work for both physical status and elemental status. I would also add a physical status boost to the Slash (and presumably impact and puncture) event mods.

New, separate mods might get people to whinge they dilute the Mod pools, so I don't know. I mean, I'd prefer if the mods that currently just add damage to physical stats maybe get a tweak to also get a small percentage boost to physical proc, and make them more likely to be used.

I mean, shotguns with decent proc change of impact will knockback and would make good sense, without them getting massive elemental procs to boot.

New, separate mods might get people to whinge they dilute the Mod pools, so I don't know. I mean, I'd prefer if the mods that currently just add damage to physical stats maybe get a tweak to also get a small percentage boost to physical proc, and make them more likely to be used.

That's what I meant.

And snipers would benefit as well--some could have 100% impact chances, allowing us to line up another shot before a surviving enemy attacks again.