Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Hanging Pc

Flutterguyz

I've been playing Warframe with no problems for the past few months. Today I started the launcher and started downloading the update. I got a few Mb in and my computer froze. Completely unresponsive. Couldn't move the mouse, couldn't even toggle the numlock on/off. My computer does this from time to time, so in a huff, I rebooted. Booted up fine. Brought my browser and Steam up fine. Started the Warframe Launcher from Steam again, got to "checking for update content" before my computer, again, became unresponsive. Thinking Warframe was to blame this time, I ripped out the Warframe folder in steamapps/common and the Warframe appdata folder, and "deleted local content" via Steam before reinstalling. Once Steam finished it's download, I launched the launcher one more time. It got less than 1 Mb into the update before my PC, again, became unresponsive. Any thoughts, ideas, crazy voodoo magic anyone has on this?

Edited by Flutterguyz

I had this issue too, and I had to reboot my computer twice. The second time it didn't very much appreciate and had to run a "CheckDisk" scan thing or something.

I assumed that maybe the launcher couldn't handle me doing other things on the computer while the updater was going, so I decided to just run the launcher/updater, lock the computer, and go do things on my laptop for a while.

When I got back, I pulled up the launcher and it showed me an error message that apparently Warframe doesn't support my video card?

I've been able to play Warframe just fine before this very update. In fact I was playing it LAST NIGHT.

It was the same form me. Download Cache Optimization has taken about an hour and made my PC nearly unresponsive. It was like 20s of 100% CPU load on all 4 cores, then 20s nearly normal behaviour, then again 20s freeze and so on. It even went black screen for a few seconds, 2 or 3 times. Considering both my system and Warframe are installed on SSD drive it's a mystery to me what's launcher actually does.

I redownloaded the installation on the website and now when I open it, a little pop up comes out and it states "This installation pack could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installation pack." 

if anyone can help or had the same problem and found a solution, please feel free to give any suggestions, because I'm all out of ideas at this point.