The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automatic Ban

XDeathCoreX

You guys should consider an alternative to autoban or at least a 3 strikes systems.

As you can see I called it when I said innocent shall be banned and now you have tickets coming in because of this sensitive method.

Perhaps preventing the game from running would be sufficient enough or are you afraid of trial and error which can be done using multiple accounts and VPN. At least consider 3 strikes for autoban. Not everyone is aware of this either.

Everyone is aware that hacking a game, no matter in which way is forbidden, and immoral.

Come on, you go to play a game, and you find a way to get extra loot with a 3rd party software, do you really think that is "legal" in any kind of way? by moral senses you do realize that it is not, although some games don't punish you directly by doing these "so called hacks". Well, DE does, and i am really glad they do.

Someone got banned? Well, next time, he won't use any hack program

and how is that immoral? what if I want to hack my single player game ? for example dawn of war ? that is a single player game that has no multiplayer is it wrong if I want to hack that game?... also have you ever moded a game?/use mods?

i did go browse for a bit to see what the deal was about cheat engine, and I've managed to find all sorts of things coupled with warframe, but I do agree that they should only ban players that have the 3rd party programs hooked to warframe rather than just reading the hardware for it. 

and how is that immoral? what if I want to hack my single player game ? for example dawn of war ? that is a single player game that has no multiplayer is it wrong if I want to hack that game?... also have you ever moded a game?/use mods?

I'm not talking about solo games or meant to be solo.

Warframe isn't a solo game, even though you can go solo all the time, your character information is saved outside your computer.

I mostly play games where you can add content to it by console, like Tochlight 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2 and Skyrim. But when on a game that allows you to go multiplayer, the story is different, even if you're not directly affecting others.

PS: Dawn of War has multiplayer, not like Warframe, is the normal RTS multiplayer, if it was that what you meant. It also requires all the expansions installed to have access to all units. I have them all, so i know what i'm talking

Torchlight has it aswell, but i only play it with another friend

Edited by Endrance

You guys should consider an alternative to autoban or at least a 3 strikes systems.

As you can see I called it when I said innocent shall be banned and now you have tickets coming in because of this sensitive method.

Perhaps preventing the game from running would be sufficient enough or are you afraid of trial and error which can be done using multiple accounts and VPN. At least consider 3 strikes for autoban. Not everyone is aware of this either.

You don't even know if innocent can be harmed, you don't know how efficient is the ban system.

I'm not talking about solo games or meant to be solo.

Warframe isn't a solo game, even though you can go solo all the time, your character information is saved outside your computer.

I mostly play games where you can add content to it by console, like Tochlight 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2 and Skyrim. But when on a game that allows you to go multiplayer, the story is different, even if you're not directly affecting others.

PS: Dawn of War has multiplayer, not like Warframe, is the normal RTS multiplayer, if it was that what you meant. It also requires all the expansions installed to have access to all units. I have them all, so i know what i'm talking

Torchlight has it aswell, but i only play it with another friend

The anticheat doesn't distinguish between programs that can edit single and multiplayer games. A guy screwing around with his single player save who forgets to close whatever program he was using is going to be banned for 22 years. Sure you "shouldn't" make that kind of mistake, but depending on how forgetful you are, it's bound to happen eventually and that doesn't seem like a very fair punishment for something that probably wouldn't have done anything anyway. What's wrong with not allowing warframe to run if these programs are detected? People who try to cheat can't play either way, right?

I was under the impression that you meant all games... but yea mod can be considered hacks.

I kinda make it sound like that, my bad.

Some Mods are hacks, those that you use alternative programs to create new content, but usually mods only affect single player games, therefore, harmless.

Then there are the "legal" mods, that were made by the same programs the game itself was made, and they acquired that program by the own game company, like Bioware released the tools to create more content to Dragon Age and Bathesda did the same for Skyrim and Oblivion.

The anticheat doesn't distinguish between programs that can edit single and multiplayer games. A guy screwing around with his single player save who forgets to close whatever program he was using is going to be banned for 22 years. Sure you "shouldn't" make that kind of mistake, but depending on how forgetful you are, it's bound to happen eventually and that doesn't seem like a very fair punishment for something that probably wouldn't have done anything anyway. What's wrong with not allowing warframe to run if these programs are detected? People who try to cheat can't play either way, right?

Let's all remember that the actual anticheat was made in a rush to prevent the massive appearance of hackers. I do believe with time they will make a different one that recognizes if the program is affecting Warframe or not.

But i'm no DE members so i have no idea. Although i don't feel sorry for any "unjust ban", since i don't like hacks, just mods like i said above, and by console, with no need of extra programs

Edited by Endrance

I kinda make it sound like that, my bad.

Some Mods are hacks, those that you use alternative programs to create new content, but usually mods only affect single player games, therefore, harmless.

Then there are the "legal" mods, that were made by the same programs the game itself was made, and they acquired that program by the own game company, like Bioware released the tools to create more content to Dragon Age and Bathesda did the same for Skyrim and Oblivion.

Every mod is a hack (unless a game has some kind of modding API), but not every hack is a mod.

I cant believe that people are complaining about getting banned in Warframe, because they had cheatengine or a "single player hack" running.

Seriously, is it so difficult to just close that stuff?

Sorry but so much idiocy deserves a ban. Turn your illegal S#&$ off!

Every mod is a hack (unless a game has some kind of modding API), but not every hack is a mod.

You change the game with a mod, that means you break the User agreement which means you are running something illegal, and if its changing the color of the sky, it doesnt matter, you are changing the game which is illegal UNLESS the User Agreement says that modding is allowed.

Edited by Mr.Mango

Like i've said, above, there are the legal ones, and the "illegal". In every case, it's all a matter of opinion. So i won't argue with you, since we have different opinions.

Although the games i specified have the official tools released for modding (dragon age and skyrim for example)

I use cheatengine to fix a super FPS error in Saint's Row 2 so it's actually playing slow enough to be playable.  o.o

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE WORST PERSON

YOU ARE WORSE THAN JIM BABYKICKER, AND HE KICKS BABIES

I think its a better safe than sorry policy.

Depending on what version of cheatengine or whatever tool they are running DE may not have a 100% surefire way of detecting whether it is modifying/injecting values into the game.

Due to this I think that it is reasonable for DE to ban people if they detect it running on the system.  Its the most surefire way to prevent those tools from affecting the game.

Why don't we IP ban people for typing in the wrong password? Nobody could possibly forget their password or mistype something!

If someone proposed that, we would all jump on it because it's $&*&*#(%&. However, if you typed your password incorrectly, it's possible that you were actually trying to get into somebody else's account, right? Programs that get you banned can have legitimate uses, and forgetting to close one isn't that much harder to do than mistyping your password every now and then.

Like i've said, above, there are the legal ones, and the "illegal". In every case, it's all a matter of opinion. So i won't argue with you, since we have different opinions.

Although the games i specified have the official tools released for modding (dragon age and skyrim for example)

How can legality be a matter of opinion? If a game doesn't directly give you modding tools, modding it is technically a breach of the eula. Whether or not the developer takes action is a different story (see- minecraft mods).

I think its a better safe than sorry policy.

Depending on what version of cheatengine or whatever tool they are running DE may not have a 100% surefire way of detecting whether it is modifying/injecting values into the game.

Due to this I think that it is reasonable for DE to ban people if they detect it running on the system.  Its the most surefire way to prevent those tools from affecting the game.

What if they just closed the game/didn't let it run instead? They can already detect whether a bannable program is running or not, so just stop the game if it is running.

Edited by Argoms

"use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from, within or through the Software or Service, including without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Software to store information about a character, in-game items or the Software environment; provided, however, that Digital Extremes may, in its sole discretion, allow the use of specified third party user interfaces"

As stated in EULA using anything that r/w areas of RAM used by Warframe will result in termination of your account.

If you're using any software that does these sort of things, for gods sake, kill the process before starting the game.

Also

"DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE."

"DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE."

Just because I can pay with huge piles of pennies doesn't mean I do.

"use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from, within or through the Software or Service, including without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Software to store information about a character, in-game items or the Software environment; provided, however, that Digital Extremes may, in its sole discretion, allow the use of specified third party user interfaces"

As stated in EULA using anything that r/w areas of RAM used by Warframe will result in termination of your account.

If you're using any software that does these sort of things, for gods sake, kill the process before starting the game.

Also

Well, there is everything written down and everybody that has ever played only a minute of the game, agreed with that.

But I doubt a lot of people that are now complaining have ever read that and now just ignore it for the sake of their argument.

I use cheatengine to fix a super FPS error in Saint's Row 2 so it's actually playing slow enough to be playable.  o.o

Feel free to do so, noone cares.

But if you have it running when you play Warframe you get a ban. That's how it is, no questions asked and noone is interested in your story for what you use it or that it was a mistake or some other bullS#&$. CheatEngine running when Warframe starts: Banned!

You don't play with fire near flamable stuff. Just be sure CheatEngine is not running and everything is fine.

Cheers

so we are supposed to take these claims about not having done anything to deserve a ban at face value? because... why exactly? because they chose to post in general discussion instead of trying to resolve it directly with support/DE and sticking to that? what?

Edited by SlyBoots