Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Vs Oberon: Battle For The One(Again)

Voxrar

Question

So I spent plat on Loki... that was a bust. Then I wanted Zephyr but went insane and bought the oxium for her. She is quite the fun frame, but I can't help but feel she is still inferior to my old frame Oberon. 

I like zipping about but her effectiveness seems to lack compared to other frames I played. So once more I ask for community opinions, comments and suggestions. Here are the frames I have marked off as I don't like or don't want.

3Y7If70.png

21 answers to this question

To answer your question, its soon christmas take frost like DarkNebula said.

Now a question, did you build your loki for invisibility or disarm? Becuase I found building him for disarm is a lot more fun then invisibility.

I just didn't like hsi abilities. I prefer offense and utility. He had no damage and was very stratigic. I just didn't like him. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/350280-finding-the-one-frame/#entry3906779

Link to the old thread.

Frost and Hydroid are a lot of fun to use.

Frost can facetank a large amount of damage, and he has his snow globe to give some breathing room or cover. He also has 3 offensive skills that accel in CC. Ice wave has a 100% cold proc, so you'll slow down whom ever it hits, and with a bit of a power strength boost you can actually kill enemies up into the mid level 20s or 30s. Freeze is good for stopping one or two heavy units for a short duration, and avalance is good for when you get in a pinch.

Hydroid has one of my favorite 1 skills in the game. It's just satisfying to hit one followed by a barrage of water balloons that kill things in the area you were pointing too. Also, his ult is great at area denial. His 2 skill is good for knock down CC and covering a large distance quickly, I don't use undertow too much, but it's fun to turn into a puddle of water while waiting for people at extract.

Those would be my two recomendations, other than Oberon, but as you stated, you've already played him, so you should know how he plays. Though, if it was before his buff, I encourage you to try him out again, Oberon got a lot stronger and much more fun to play.

ITs not that I didn't like Oberon. I have had him since Cicero and loved him, but time has worn him down. Frost shouldn't be hard to get and I could get Frost Prime if I wanted. He just seems abit heavy and slow for my taste. Hydroid is a pain to farm.

ITs not that I didn't like Oberon. I have had him since Cicero and loved him, but time has worn him down. Frost shouldn't be hard to get and I could get Frost Prime if I wanted. He just seems abit heavy and slow for my taste. Hydroid is a pain to farm.

I think you should consider different frames for your collection, having only offensive/fast frames can become a bit boring after a while.

Of course Frost is a bit slow but it never had bothered me so much, also it´s cool to freeze stuff and then shatter them to bits.

Also he looks cool too.

dNqaYjV.jpg

OK OK forget others. Someone Argue for Zephyr? 

Zephyr is more about mobility and CC over offensive power.

The thing is, Frost is essential in Void Defense. Hands down, you need him in Void Defense. Not only will he protect the pod with Snowglobe, you can put in Rejuv Aura to support teammates. You can think of him as the Heavy in TF2.

As for Hyrdoid, it's fun for casual missions, but the farming is a real pain.

Zephyr is more like hit and run offense. Again, Tf2-wise think scout. Yes she has above average health and shields, but look at that small armor. Speed and mobility is key. It's a bit hard modding the gal since she has D polarity aura slot that is often attributed to more defense related frames (tanks).

The thing is, Frost is essential in Void Defense. Hands down, you need him in Void Defense. Not only will he protect the pod with Snowglobe, you can put in Rejuv Aura to support teammates. You can think of him as the Heavy in TF2.

giphy.gif

How on Earth you can compare Frost with Heavy?

It´s like comparing Trinity with Medic.

No, wait a sec...

So you like utility frames but you dont like trinity, banshee or vauban... seems logic xD

I like a bit of utility, not only utility. Trin has only two decent abilites, Banshee felt lack luster, and Vauban was just stand around and hit defense buttons only. No use in moving missions.

It's kinda hard giving suggestions to the rest of the frames based on your description (offensive and utility), since those that IMO falls under that category has been crossed off (Ash, Nova, Excal, Rhino, Nyx).

I consider Zephyr as defensive frames since her best skill is easily turbulence. If you don't like defensive frames then forget Zephyr. It's pretty much the same with Nekros(Utility).

You could try Saryn (pure nuker, but her nuke has CC as well) or Frost (Avalanche is offensive and utility, Globe is defensive, Ice Wave is utility).

I just didn't like hsi abilities. I prefer offense and utility. He had no damage and was very stratigic. I just didn't like him. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/350280-finding-the-one-frame/#entry3906779

Link to the old thread.

No offense, but you sir are a failure at playing Loki.

You like utility and offense. All of Loki's abilities have utility, and I can see in no way how he is not offensive.

Loki's insane speed allows him to stay alive even in a heated battle, and his abilities complement his survivability.

His abilities do not directly deal damage, but invisibility adds stealth, survivability, and some huge melee crits. Try using a Kogake (Brutal Tide) Berserker crit build with Loki's invisibility. You will deal MASSIVE damage at a fast rate.

You can easily take an entire mob, disarm it, slap down a decoy, and camp by it while invisible. You can DESTROY even high level enemies easily that way.

By what you described, you are a disgrace to Lokis.

No offense, but you sir are a failure at playing Loki.

You like utility and offense. All of Loki's abilities have utility, and I can see in no way how he is not offensive.

Loki's insane speed allows him to stay alive even in a heated battle, and his abilities complement his survivability.

His abilities do not directly deal damage, but invisibility adds stealth, survivability, and some huge melee crits. Try using a Kogake (Brutal Tide) Berserker crit build with Loki's invisibility. You will deal MASSIVE damage at a fast rate.

You can easily take an entire mob, disarm it, slap down a decoy, and camp by it while invisible. You can DESTROY even high level enemies easily that way.

By what you described, you are a disgrace to Lokis.

Fair enough. I hated playing him and just did it for completion's sake.