Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A "would You Like To Host?" Option

MrNovember

I would love to be able to host. I have verizon 80mb/s connection, yet the only time I can host is when I'm lucky enough to get the "play now" option and then people join me...

one guy even friended me SOLELY for the reason to hit me up so I can TRY and host for him and his friend haha

Whole-heartedly agree with this. Tired of getting people hosting matches who should never have that kind of responsibility on their connection. I like you have high speed internet and try to host as often as possible to avoid others into such atrocities that are bad connections.

Your game desperately needs this for players who want to play in online mode but don't want to have to disconnect from a million matches due to poor connections. Most of the time when I play in Online mode my host lives in Narnia.

It's even worse since the patch as I'm almost immediately put into a mission with a laggy host. I see Play Now show up for all of one second before I'm loading and seeing Grineer/Corpus/Infested sliding all around, left, right, forward, backwards, sidewards, up, down, diagonal, it's like that elevator from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

We see threads where people complain about this and that, but BY FAR the worst thing in Warframe is when you're stuck doing Alert missions with a host who apparently lives near the South Pole.  Or on the moon.  They never reply when I ask them what planet they live on. 

I belive if you start the room and click the location first, its you who hosts. I lag my friends sometimes and vice versa and this seems to work so we can pick our host. If this is true then always load the planet and enter the game straight away. Wait for others to join you and start.

I belive if you start the room and click the location first, its you who hosts. I lag my friends sometimes and vice versa and this seems to work so we can pick our host. If this is true then always load the planet and enter the game straight away. Wait for others to join you and start.

The problem here being that you do not always have the option to host because you never get the "Play Now" option.

I've stopped doing anything other than Solo/Private as a result of this. I am pretty sure this game's host selection process involves selecting the player who lives the closest to Pluto.

I myself, have resorted to this tactic. I have friends that play and its myself and one other who perma-host.