Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thread About Musical Inspiration.

Sitchrea

Music team: I love you. The sounds you make have given this game an incredible tangibility and earned my instant recognition.

However I do believe, as all artists agree, there is always improvement to be made. I would like to provide a small sample of a piece that would provide a great amount of inspiration to our beloved Sci-Fi project.

Yes, I know, but as cliche of a subject matter it may be this piece holds a great amount of suspense via phonetic dissonance while conveying a sense of remembrance through various Ninth Chords, and ultimately ending with major chords and ninth chords to resolve the matter.

I would specifically like to point out the phrases around 0:55 and 1:20 - they create very, very good intensity without going way overboard.

This is my next subject - a critique of a soundtrack in the game. Specifically the Infested Ship soundtrack, known on the Internet as "Multiple Bio-signatures Detected."

This piece tries desperately to convey an emotion of distress and panic, however in doing so the affect is lost by the cacophony of swirling strings. When I first heard this soundtrack, and ever since, I found and still find myself more laughing from the ridiculously overdone tremolo's than feeling distressed by them.

My suggestion? See above at the aforementioned piece.

Otherwise, every other soundtrack is amazing. "Pulse" is, as I believe everyone agrees, a masterpiece of technotronic style. I cannot wait to hear the Void and Derelict soundtracks!

Edited by Sitchrea