Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance Drops As The Host (Cpu Usage Drops) - Or At Least I Think It's Due To Hosting

Filas312

I've been hosting a few Mutalist Survival games recently and what came to my attention were the moments when the game started lagging as mad. I've decided to take a look at it with the Process Hacker and what I've noticed:

- the game starts lagging while there are many enemies in the Vortex (usually after spamming with Quanta's cubes and detonating them), or while the particle effects are being counted

- there's a massive CPU usage drop while it happens - from 60% to 30%, usually on all of the cores or on the third of four cores

c714c1fbf4.png

- the game starts running at 5FPS and the server 'stops working' - one second takes 5-10 seconds, the timer is bugged while it happens, the physics are non-existent etc.

- I cannot play while it happens, I'm seeing a massive slideshow instead of nice animation.

In case you need my specs: baw8yy.png

I want that to stop happening, simply because with that kind of CPU and with the GPU I have it shouldn't happen.

Also, I'd like to know one thing - if I turn off the PhysX support, do the PhysX libraries fall back to CPU counting? Does the GPU count everything (all the physics, apart from the additional effects) when the PhysX ingame is turned on?

Oh, yes - the Process Hacker also noted something about the process with starting address Warframe.x64.exe!opus_repacketizer_get_size+0x72536c taking most of the CPU - is it related to the audio or is the app just bugging out?

ALSO: My GPU is being used in 30% and I am not having stable FPS. What the hell is happening?

Edited by Filas312

I had this happen a few hours ago while I was hosting Mutalist Survival as Nova. It happened just after the 30 minute mark while the squad was moving toward extraction. FPS dropped so low that I couldn't actually move for about 20-30 seconds. My squad was able to move but complained about massive lag.

This still not fix by now. I believe this is because of the DROP ITEMS, when you have NEKROS and VAUBAN in the same team, the performance will drops down more OFTEN, since there will be more ITEMs drop around the VORTEX.

There is a sign or forewarning of this, if its gonna happen: you see some of the ITEMS around the vortex, with little larger raidus than others, encircling the vortex with super high speed, and when the vortex ends, these items spread like exploding and making them dropped in a very large area. And when say 'items' that means not only the credits, resources, balls, ammos, or mods, but also the enemy themselves XD....yup, the enemy can be spreaded out very far from the center of the vortex... and you wait a few secs after this, the 5 to even 1 fps performance will come, No matter if you are HOST or NOT.

This super low FPS was happening more often when you use the vortex in a narrow area, such as the Muta Suvival map, but its also happened in a few times when I farm keys in XINI  after wave 20, no matter if you are HOST or NOT either. 

So, all the words means, when there is a vortex around you, item count grows fast and they start to encircling & spreading very fast, you better be prepaired.... for the 2 fps and mission failure.

My squad friends are all have the same problems, so we figured out a way, we gear up the mod of Ammo Mutations and Equilibrium, we pick up more often, the problem's gone (or at least happened much much more less)

Hope this helps a bit, and hope this will be fixed asap, because we want our high wave battle back !  We can only fight 40 or even 20 min in a survival now.

I think if drops stack with each other nearby, this problem can be solved easily.

That means that add a parameter to drops to count. And if there are 2 drop of the same kind nearby, one will absorb the other and change itself to count as 2 drops.