Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Designing A New Fan Warframe, And You Get To Choose The Theme!

ShinNagakure

Hi, everyone! I previously submitted a fan design called ARMA. Initially, it was meant to be just a personal portfolio piece, but thanks to the Warframe community's enthusiasm its popularity grew well past anything it really deserved. In addition to all the hype surrounding ARMA, there were of course several valid criticisms of my design's appropriateness for the Warframe universe. So I'd like to give it an honest shot this time, and I want YOU to help!

Post a comment listing one option from each of the categories below (THEME, ANIMAL, POWERS), and based purely on popular vote, I will design a new Warframe around the winning selections. The goal is to create a Warframe that will be both fun and a solid candidate for inclusion in the game.

THEME:

- Knight

- Gladiator

- Modern Soldier

- Sabateur

- Martial Artist/Fighter

- Yojimbo

ANIMAL:

- Wolf

- Lion

- Boar

- Arthropod (insect, arachnid, etc.)

- Reptile

- Aquatic (fish, crustacean, cephalopod)

POWERS:

- Kinetic/Concussive

- Darkness

- Blood

- Earth

- Wood/Nature

Vote away!

-------------------------------------------

Preemptive FAQ (will be updated if necessary):

Q: "Why isn't *X* idea/theme listed here?"

A: These are the ideas that interest me most right now. Feel free to suggest other themes, but there's no guarantee I'll be interested enough to use them.

Q: "Someone's already done a *X* type fan design."

A: I'm just moving forward based solely on what is present in the actual game. Any similarity between my ideas and anyone else's is purely coincidental. Until it officially becomes part of the game, I consider any idea (or variation thereof) up for grabs.

Q: "Will you be posting a bunch of progress images like you did with ARMA?"

A: No. Once the winning categories are determined, I'll design and finish the Warframe completely before posting anything again. This also means that I will have sole creative input on the design iteration process this time around. You pick the themes, I'll take it from there.

Q: "What about weapons/equipment/Archwing stuff?"

A: If there's enough demand for these things, I'll whip up designs for them, too.

You should probably link ARMA for those that haven't seen it. 

Also, I don't see how it wouldn't fit the Warframe universe. Whoever said that is crazy.

Saboteur or Martial Artist

Wolf

Darkness—I also want to suggest a corrosive powerset. That would be cool.  

Taking a look at Arma, I must say you did a very good job! I'd definitely like to see more of what you can offer.

As for my votes:

Modern Soldier

Arthropod

Kinetic/ Concussive

Whatever wins, I'm sure it'll end up looking great! :D

Edited by Uzenvard

Sabateur, wolf, kinetic~if there was something like gadgets or something where the warframe could release an EMP blast or disguise himself as enemiea to aviod cature that would be nice.

I hadnt seen your previos concept but i had a look and you are a spectaculat drawer, keep up the good work.