The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Damage Fall Off

Meltina

at this range you shot with rifle not shotgun... or maybe you dont know what is a shotgun?

If your using a rifle to shoot across a bed room your doing something wrong. Rifle ranges are more a foot ball field in length instead of bedroom range. Considering thats about 10 meters and shotgun effetive ranges are usualy 50+ meters thats about 1/5th of what it should be.

The nerf was to try to reign in the hek as a weapon due to it filling its niche as a mid range weapon too well. The problem is there is no long range in warframe needing a few hundred meters for a rifle or a mile for a sniper rifle to shine just does not exist in the game. The boar was already a poor weapon only doing 4 damage per pellet at point blank range to an armored target now with 10 meters giving a 75% damage loss its pretty worthless.

i never use shotgun on games but this time, with all the noise about this update, i try it.

my conclusion : at the range used into games for shotgun, it is deadly.

until now, the shotgun was used in the wrong way. Now this is fixed adapt yourself or change your weapon. you have the choice.

I personally think they should have left the HEK alone. It's not like it's "OP" against level 40-60 enemies or beyond. No, DE you do your thing, Nerf everything fun about the game. Keep it up. -_0 As of this update, you're friendzoned.

i never use shotgun on games but this time, with all the noise about this update, i try it.

my conclusion : at the range used into games for shotgun, it is deadly.

until now, the shotgun was used in the wrong way. Now this is fixed adapt yourself or change your weapon. you have the choice.

You notice the level on the enemy right?

The new HEK is just rubbish. 

Oh yes you can still "oneshot" enemies. At less than pistol ranges. 

Seriously. My dual vipers, now out-range my HEK.

The store description needs to be edited. The HEK is no longer effective at "medium range". It used to be effective at medium to long range. Now it's effective within punching distance. 

Seriously. Decent combat shotguns are considered lethal within about 50.2 meters - in 2013. I know this game isn't exactly trying to be realistic, but thousands of years in the future, and DE wants us to beleive that less than 5 meters is acceptable? 

Sorry, but the new HEK gets a big thumbs down from me. You were thinking along the right lines DE, but you just got too trigger-happy with the nerf ray. 

The new HEK is just rubbish. 

Oh yes you can still "oneshot" enemies. At less than pistol ranges. 

Seriously. My dual vipers, now out-range my HEK.

The store description needs to be edited. The HEK is no longer effective at "medium range". It used to be effective at medium to long range. Now it's effective within punching distance. 

Seriously. Decent combat shotguns are considered lethal within about 50.2 meters - in 2013. I know this game isn't exactly trying to be realistic, but thousands of years in the future, and DE wants us to beleive that less than 5 meters is acceptable? 

Sorry, but the new HEK gets a big thumbs down from me. You were thinking along the right lines DE, but you just got too trigger-happy with the nerf ray. 

Depend on the definition of medium range. In this game with lot of close spaces and corridors packed with lot of things to shoot - I don't think that this change is going to change the game much.

I tried three shotties after the nerf already. Sweet spot seemed to be 10-15 meter, a bit too short imo. However, the Hek got it right in the face. You can't snipe with it anymore and that open possibility of using other weapon to snipe instead of shotgun. (not that there are many places to snipe to begin with) 

Depend on the definition of medium range. In this game with lot of close spaces and corridors packed with lot of things to shoot - I don't think that this change is going to change the game much.

I tried three shotties after the nerf already. Sweet spot seemed to be 10-15 meter, a bit too short imo. However, the Hek got it right in the face. You can't snipe with it anymore and that open possibility of using other weapon to snipe instead of shotgun. (not that there are many places to snipe to begin with) 

Except for the fact we now have larger, more open tilesets.....so.....yes...range is now important. 

And just after I finally got to rank 4 and built a Hek ... three days ago... I wish I had saved the alloy plate and blue potato. It surely was a trip for those few days blowing enemies back with it even unranked.

In real life today:

12 GA 3 inch "magnum" 00 buck, 15 pellets at 1210 feet per second

12 GA 2 3/4th "magnum" 00 buck, 12 pellets at 1290 feet per second

12 GA  2 3/4th "regular" 00 buckshot, 9 pellets at 1325 feet per second...

20GA has 8, 00...

28 GA --- no commercial 28 GA buck that I know of...

410 has 5, 00 pellets.

A good modified choke will give a 12GA effective ranges of out to 50-75yards

The Hek only has 7 default pellets now. Kicks a little hard for a 28 GA.

Edited by hywod