Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Dark Sector Connection - Confirmed

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Developed by the same company? Seems a pretty big one to me.

In terms of lore i don't think there has to be a connection as such, obviously if you have good (perception) ideas, why not transfer them to other things.

I work in design (mechanical) and we will generally look to use a system we have implemented before because a) it is cheaper than developing a new one and b) it generally works.

There is a wiki page dedicated to this, and the really funny stuff is the ones that we don't immediately notice, like the grineer or the Jackal.

I am still waiting for them to implement(?) the gigantic Ape as a boss in this game.

They have never really denied the connection, but I don't think that they ever said that the game that was published under the title of Dark Sector was actually in continuity with the Warframe universe. I think they just confirmed that the original scifi concept for Dark Sector that was in the trailer from E3 2005 was the prime source of inspiration and design for this current game. The Dark Sector that was published by D3 in 2007 was partially inspired by the same designs and concepts but the setting was changed and so was virtually everything from the original concept trailer to make it more marketeable, just one more reason why working on your own is better than working with a publisher.

The Glaive making it into warframe and the names for the Tenno and references to the Lotus and alike are pretty much fan service because they were awesome elements from the game that did get made being incorporated into the game that should have been and is now coming into it's own. Although I don't think it's a coincidence that the pose for the Glaive promo looks like it does.

From the Dark Sector promo art on the game's website:

main.jpg

Tenno Reinforcement promo for this update:

392571_510138459045677_1172542893_n.jpg

It HAS been established already that yes, there are lots of connections between Dark Sector and Warframe, because Warframe is the continuity of all the plans and ideas DE had when first designing Dark Sector, before publishers got their hands on it, but the two are NOT lore related, as CoffeeBlack very efficiently stated, the Glaive and it's relation to the first Tenno are fanservice being worked into the new lore. 

Edited by MrGrae