The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Hello there.

I'm 100% sure I'll get downvoted. But I need to give my thoughts (even if no1 cares) about this new item.

I absolutely can't stand the way Glaive got introduced.

"Purchase now with Plat, or do Alert missions"... No. That's just bullhorns!

I understand Potatoes are Alert rewards... But throwing a Weapon into the pool of total randomness is unacceptable for me.

I have the Plat to just buyout it (as I always do), but what about our F2P community? Like a spit in the face.

"You want the new stuff? Pay or pray to the RNG gods."  <--- That's not acceptable, and I won't support this idea.

I was planning to upgrade to Grand Master when my monthly payment arrived, since I agreed with the desicions made by devs... But this -_- as if this isn't the same company i supported so far.

I seriously need to think about if it's really worth my time (and money) .

I'll never support Any introduction of weapons (which are core to gameplay) that is only available day1 for those who Pay.

You do realise there is a multitude of weapons that are ? only? "But throwing a Weapon into the pool of total randomness is unacceptable for me." This is not a new thing. It's just all the previous ones didn't have anywhere near the anticipation that the glaive has.

It's also not "(which are core to gameplay)"

I think it is good as it is.

Delaying for non-payers is a common and well functioning way of getting money.

But that it is RNG (alert) is bad in my opinion. They should change the introduction of new weapons to platinum only and on alerts and after 1 week a blueprint is made available. People who want to have it on day1 need to use plat or spent all day looking out for alerts and all others can get it after 1 week without a RNG.

Edited by Thypari2013

You do realise there is a multitude of weapons that are ? only? "But throwing a Weapon into the pool of total randomness is unacceptable for me." This is not a new thing. It's just all the previous ones didn't have anywhere near the anticipation that the glaive has.

It's also not "(which are core to gameplay)"

that's also my point. DE knew how high the weapon is anticipated. no matter how hard it is for me to acknowledge, the Alert mission choice was pure money grabbing decision while the "hype" still have it's effects. 

The other weapons that drop from Alerts are basically skins.

Their quality is inferior and they're only worth it for their aesthetics. The Glaive, however, is an one-of-a-kind weapon. I actually don't want it on the market, it'd make it too...overused and cheap, but having to be the slave of these whimsical alerts in order to obtain this (and potatoes now that clicking doesn't work) is...flawed.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

Yeah, like above posters have said, many weapons are like that. Some weapons aren't even available for plat, like the Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger, Dark Sword, Heat Sword etc. 
Hey, be patient. Well, be patient or fork over. 
If there was nothing to wait for, you'd not feel as excited or as satisfied as running an alert mission and getting that blueprint. I bet you there'll be one up within the next week anyway.

I think its fine for them to experiment with different methods of offering weapons and see what works and what doesn't. Not everything has to be distributed the same exact way. It's a cool weapon but if it's that good, then it's both worth the wait and worth paying for. Doesn't have to be only one or the other.

Yeah, like above posters have said, many weapons are like that. Some weapons aren't even available for plat, like the Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger, Dark Sword, Heat Sword etc. 

If there was nothing to wait for, you'd not feel as excited or as satisfied as running an alert mission and getting that blueprint. I bet you there'll be one up within the next week anyway.

It's not about my patience :) I have no problem purchasing it. I'm more worried the rage this will get once the most ppl from EU wake up.

They should of implemented it as a Defense mission reward, since the rewards on those past 20+ waves is kinda underwhelming.

And yeah, there are a couple of weapons that are ? Alert only. And it made sense to make the glaive one of them (unless you have plat).

They knew it was hyped up, and took advantage of it.

It's business. Do I like it? No. Do we have a say about it? We do, but it'll probably be changed after the hype is down.

Edited by Ravtek

They put it in the ? system. Where most of the rarer weapons drop. The only one that drops from a boss is chronus, and that is to help new players. It seems to me they are following the precedent they set already. Makes sense to me.

What is satisfying about alerts? I have missed alerts because I'm posting in the forums and not paying constant attention to the damn Twitter. I have gone to eat for 30 minutes and missed an alert. Etc.

Even when I find an alert with something I want, I do not feel extremely good, because I did not earn the item at all. I just happened to be the Chosen One who was in game at that extremely capricious moment in time.

Please make us able to earn potatos and valuable blueprints rather than being slaves to Twitter. I don't mean making them common, but please, put them as a low chance on high tier defense rewards, or implement a hardcore difficulty mode with a low chance to drop these things.

Agreed, just make the weapon craftable and add a freaking skin for it if you want money!

I dont play a lot of games cause of this kind of thing.

That's actually a really nice idea. DE always could sell for Plat a more Awesome looking version with same stats.

The Glaive's rareness adds value. It's good to have some things to work for in the game, including incentive to comeplete missions and unlock more areas for alerts.

Work is if you need to reach Wave 30 in a Defense mission and you get it as reward. Pool of Randomness is not work. It's pure luck.
Edited by Sikab

Alert missions are not that hard or that rare. You might not get it today or tommorow but you'll probably have it in the next month.

The Glaive isn't core to gameplay it might be cool loking but it's not that neccesary.

The way the Glaive is dealt with is not new you can either pay or wait a little longer.

I'm a F2P and I have nothing really to complain about.

Agree with OP.

I think a system like League of legends  would be better.

Where new champions cost 7800 instead of 6300 the first week.

So DE could have released the glaive BP at say 60k credits then reduce it to 25k after a week.(maybe even a BP with higher resource costs for the first week)

Or like every one else said put it on a real challenge in game so that people that dont sit on twitter all day and never sleep,eat or work have a chance too.

Edited by cknives

While I am pissed that I won't have a shiny new glaive to play with tomorrow...there really isn't anything wrong with making this a ? blueprint weapon. It only hurts because I want it so much. 

(That and weapon plat prices are still insane.)