Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Mine just disappeared. I just kind of shrugged and went "eh", since I'm not too eager for those skins or anything. I thought it was great of DE to actually go out of their way to fix that, though.

Then what weapon was I talking about! Am I losing my mind?

The only thing in the game that needs 1200 rubedo is the dagger axe skin. XD

Does any weapon even require 1200 rubedo?

What happened to rarity? What happened to prestige? What happened to being unique? Why do people want everything spoon fed to them!

Dunno what rock you had been living under for so long.

It's not about getting spoonfed, Buying the BP, getting the mats, waiting for the craft to finish is anything but getting spoonfed.

It's not about getting spoonfed, Buying the BP, getting the mats, waiting for the craft to finish is anything but getting spoonfed.

yeah i mean it takes about what? an hour to get 100k Credits + Mats so 13h of waiting think about the horrible waiting they shoulda just let you buy the glaive straight and no crafting :D

Edited by GrimJr

Man it sure was hard to be born with a rich mommy and daddy so I can click once and have the glaive.

Well I was disappointed not to see the glaive available forpurchase with credits (BP). I saw the video and it was a fun weapon. :))

Do i think it was a mistake? No. I'm fine with it and I will wait for the alert.

I've missed sooo many nice alerts alread, including that durn mag helm, but after the first few misses, i've learned to let go and move on. I'll get it eventually. And I did get most of em already. :3 I'll getthe glaive eventually, even if it takes a month or so It'll be there still and I think the way DE is working on this lovely game, The glaive will be yesterday's news in a few weeks/months. :D

Movie premiers work the same way, new gadgets also have the same principle (without the RNG factor; but you still pay for these~buying a wapon gives you a 12 hour advantage over the people who just crafted it~ need to consider that too). Wanna watch Iron Man 3 first, get  one of those movie premier tickets or something. Are you patient? wait for it to come out in the theaters. Are you really really super patient? YOu can wait for a movie channel to show it in a few months or so... Have you mastered the art? Wait for a local network to provide it. The price drops the longer you wait. When you watch Iron Man 3 on a local channel, you notice that so many other things have "out done" the movie

The question becomes, how badly do you want it? Can you wait, or must you absolutely have it NOW. Will you never complete a mission without it?

I do not understand why people keep comparing LoL to Warframe. LoL is PVP. Warframe is PVE.  Doing the smae thing in LoL is suicidal because if gives people an "advantage" (albeit perceived mostly) against other players (possible non paying). What kind of advantage will the glaive bring to Warframe and over whom is it? Will it give you an advantage against the Grineer? So what?

I personally just want it because it unique. :)) I think Dual Ethers are still way more OP and those were made available as credit purchasable BP.

I do not understand why people are saying that DE is a bad company based on one decision. After all that they've done i think they deserve more from us than this. (IMO it's not even wrong)

Can I buy it now? Yes. But I can also wait. :) I'm not sure i'll have enough funds for an upgrade soon so i'lls ave my plat for slots and potatos and maybe that stupid mag helm if i do not get it this year.

yeah i mean it takes about what 1 hour to get 100k Credits + Mats so 13h of waiting think about the horrible waiting they shoulda just let you buy the glaive straight and no crafting :D

As a gameplay changer, it should probably be a reward from a boss fight you have to fight to get to. Honestly, it would be an awesome way of implementing it. Fighting through mission after mission to get to the core of a planet, killing the boss you're after, and as a reward getting a weapon that changes how you play melee and stealth wise.

But that's obviously not feasible for a while yet. People have suggested it as a reward for Endless Defense - which is cool, though not good for solo players. But better.

I'm cool with it being rare, just not the way it is in alerts, where effort doesn't matter and only timing does. If they split the blueprint into three parts and made you farm for them like the Banshee, it would be a bit better. If they did a meta sort of thing given the anticipation, where a part of the blueprint would be a guaranteed reward for a random specific mission and the community would have to work together to do a treasure hunt sort of thing to search for it and it was randomised through the different missions and such, that would also be cool. A whole game could be built around the search for the different parts of the Glaive.

Obviously still not great ideas. I just think there are better ways to handle rarity than alerts. *shrugs*

_Rue_, I don't think anyone is saying that DE is a bad company. I still love DE; they're awesome. The impression that they gave off with this, however, is worrying - even if that impression was unintentional, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding that.

Holy crap guys.

22 pages of discussion about a Glaive. It's just a Glaive.. I'm sure you have other melee weapons to try before it or you could wait for an alert.

Besides if all weapons would be easily acquired without any challenge we would not be playing this game next year.

Holy crap guys.

22 pages of discussion about a Glaive. It's just a Glaive.. I'm sure you have other melee weapons to try before it or you could wait for an alert.

Besides if all weapons would be easily acquired without any challenge we would not be playing this game next year.

Unfortunately, waiting on an alert is not challenging.

Alert only weapons or plat.

Ceramic Dagger.

Dark Dagger.

Dark Sword.

Heat Dagger.

Heat Sword.

Jaw Sword.

Pangolin Sword.

Plasma Sword.

Where was the outrage for all this weapons?

There wasnt? I wonder why.....

Is it because you didnt care for those weapons?

Probably so.

When you guys are going to try to make a point you should look at the point you making thoroughly before actually making it because that point may not hold any water at all.

You guys are complaining about a system that has been in the game for a long time now.

You guys are not seeing anything new at all.

right now those weps sucks big time unless devs buff them.

Holy crap guys.

What challenge is there in getting the glaive? Typing in my credit card number, or waiting for an alert like I wait for the subway?

Holy crap guys.

Why would people want to use their older melee weapons when we finally have something with completely different mechanics?

Though I gotta say staying awake 24/7 is challenging.. not the kind of challenging I was hoping for though :(

Exactly.

Unless the alert itself is hard, true.

Then it becomes even more of a matter of luck as opposed to challenge and effort. =/

I have no problems with a rare weapon, but I do think the alert system isn't a good way to introduce it - not for a new class of weapon, anyway. Reward effort and dedication and skill, as opposed to blind luck.

I'm frankly surprised at how this is such a big deal. Isn't it the same with every single warframe?? You can buyout with plat or go and farm in order to craft.

Usually this kind of rage is reserved for when overpowered gear or weapons are added exclusively for platinum in PVP games. This is a PVE only game and every single weapon or warframe is craftable without the requirement with platinum through alerts or other means.

I agree that I was also surprised not to find to find a blueprint on the store when the Glaive was added, hell I even thought they made some kind of mistake by not adding it. However, its still obtainable through alerts and there are more then enough other melee weapons to keep you occupied until you get your hands on one.

Just my two cents.

I'm frankly surprised at how this is such a big deal. Isn't it the same with every single warframe?? You can buyout with plat or go and farm in order to craft.

Usually this kind of rage is reserved for when overpowered gear or weapons are added exclusively for platinum in PVP games. This is a PVE only game and every single weapon or warframe is craftable without the requirement with platinum through alerts or other means.

I'm of a similar opinion, but I've read that people think this weapon is iconic and special.  

Edited by Kyrkitao

I'm of a similar opinion, but I've read that people think this weapon is iconic and special.  

It is rather unique, considering it is the first throw-able melee weapon. But that's pretty much it, having it doesn't really ensure your victory over all foes or boost you towards a point of instant win... Guess it's just that the anticipation of it caused a great frustration due to the fact that if you're platinum-less you gotta wait for the right alert. So from that perspective I can understand. However, Nothing has been ruined, everything is still obtainable without platinum.

You can't farm alerts. You have to hope that you're in the right place at the right time. This is unfair to dedicated players that are not free when the alert pops. I do not think the alert system is an appropriate way to introduce a new mechanic.

Warframes can be farmed, and are more effort than luck, even though luck affects your blueprint drop rate. Alerts are almost pure luck.

To be honest, my problem is more with the alert system and the way the playerbase's anticipation was handled.

The weapon introduces a new mechanic into the game.

To be honest, my problem is more with the alert system and the way the playerbase's anticipation was handled.

The weapon introduces a new mechanic into the game.

I agree the alert system needs some work done, but that's not where most of the ire is directed.  I think that is a much better argument to pursue than 'it is new' which is what most people are trying to pursue.  

It is rather unique, considering it is the first throw-able melee weapon. But that's pretty much it, having it doesn't really ensure your victory over all foes or boost you towards a point of instant win... Guess it's just that the anticipation of it caused a great frustration due to the fact that if you're platinum-less you gotta wait for the right alert. So from that perspective I can understand. However, Nothing has been ruined, everything is still obtainable without platinum.

It is a weapon with infinite ammunition. With enough patience, you can now win every non-defense Infestation mission by finding the appropriate high spot and firing repeatedly without having to worry about ever running out of ammunition.

But yes, I am disappointed with how DE handled it (tons of hype without telling us it would be alert only). To clarify, I am arguing because I am disappointed in their apparent but likely unintentional treatment of free players - It's a bit of a slap in the face to them. That and the other stuff I already said.