The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

You can't farm alerts. You have to hope that you're in the right place at the right time. This is unfair to dedicated players that are not free when the alert pops. I do not think the alert system is an appropriate way to introduce a new mechanic.

Warframes can be farmed, and are more effort than luck, even though luck affects your blueprint drop rate. Alerts are almost pure luck.

To be honest, my problem is more with the alert system and the way the playerbase's anticipation was handled.

I fully agree. It was an awful move on their parts, considering how there was great anticipation for this weapon among a huge chunk of the player base. However, as you stated yourself it is simply a the first weapon within this new melee-mechanic system. Hopefully the next weapons will be launched in a more fair and better way.

It is a weapon with infinite ammunition. With enough patience, you can now win every non-defense Infestation mission by finding the appropriate high spot and firing repeatedly without having to worry about ever running out of ammunition.

It's not "infinite ammunition" per se... you throw it and you have to wait for it to come back to you and I'm pretty sure it has a set range, so I doubt you can "snipe" with it... It also ricochets. Turns the rooms into a damn pinball machine.

I agree the alert system needs some work done, but that's not where most of the ire is directed.  I think that is a much better argument to pursue than 'it is new' which is what most people are trying to pursue.  

That might be what it seems like, heh. Couple of pages back there was plenty of valid discussion and valid points being made, but it's easy to miss considering how long this thread is.

Hardly a new mechanic.. it just gives you a ranged melee weapon nothing more it's not groundbreaking like you need it to defeat a certain boss..

Ranged melee weapon is a mechanic, arguably. To be fully clear, what I mean is that a ranged melee weapon forces you to reconsider the way you play with melee.

I fully agree. It was an awful move on their parts, considering how there was great anticipation for this weapon among a huge chunk of the player base. However, as you stated yourself it is simply a the first weapon within this new melee-mechanic system. Hopefully the next weapons will be launched in a more fair and better way.

Fair enough. :) I am giving DE the benefit of the doubt, even if I am disappointed with how they handled things, but there are a lot of people in these threads decrying anyone who says anything negative about the way the Glaive was released as someone just wanting it for free/complaining/etc. I'm trying to mitigate it and at least fuel constructive debate instead of just people flaming each other.

It's not "infinite ammunition" per se... you throw it and you have to wait for it to come back to you and I'm pretty sure it has a set range, so I doubt you can "snipe" with it... It also ricochets. Turns the rooms into a damn pinball machine.

Then you can throw it again and again. XD Technically infinite ammunition, if not in the conventional sense of the word, haha. What I meant was that you can attack at range repeatedly without having to worry about running out of ammunition.

But in all seriousness, you can 'snipe' pretty well with it. It has pinpoint accuracy and while it doesn't work very well long range since it will return after a while, medium range is more than enough to stay out of the Infected enemies' ranged attacks, while letting the pinball murder everything. Assuming it works. Some people report it bouncing off of enemies and never killing more than one, or just it not doing any damage at all. For me, when I don't host it penetrates and hits everything in its path, and can kill 5-6 Infected before returning (900 damage each on light infested! I didn't even level it that much, but I have a good Killing Blow on it). In the only match I didn't host today anyway.

Either way, with that kind of ranged capability, beating Infested missions are more of a matter of patience. Not that it's really that important, I was just saying the weapon does bring about a decent advantage in some situations.

Edited by Quetzhal

Remind me not to ever sleep again.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35839-collection-glaive-debut-discussion-breakdown-thread/

Bring your viewpoints there, break them down, let me collect them for the Devs to go over on Monday. Post what you think (or agree with what someone else said) no matter if you like what they did or not.

Let's be civil and reasonable. Let's keep other players out of it.

Remind me not to ever sleep again.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35839-collection-glaive-debut-discussion-breakdown-thread/

Bring your viewpoints there, break them down, let me collect them for the Devs to go over on Monday. Post what you think (or agree with what someone else said) no matter if you like what they did or not.

Let's be civil and reasonable. Let's keep other players out of it.

Haha, noo, sleep! You deserve it, you were awesome in this thread. :)

Personally, I like how we have to pay attention to alerts to obtain this weapon without paying. If they made the blueprint available to buy with credits, I would have already had it. It's more incentive to play the game.

Personally, I like how we have to pay attention to alerts to obtain this weapon without paying. If they made the blueprint available to buy with credits, I would have already had it. It's more incentive to play the game.

It's more incentive to check twitter every so often, TBH. That's part of why I don't think it works.

More incentive to play would be if every ? alert was randomized per player, maybe, or if the drop was a ~1% chance on every mission, if your chance of getting it improved the more you played, etc. Plenty of good ways to implement it without using alerts, which I don't feel is a good way to deliver a weapon like this. But that may also arguably be simply a flaw with the existing alert system. Either way, not the best way to handle it.

Really I'm too tired to make very good points with this debate. Need sleep. @@;

Guys aren't we blowing this out of proportion don't you remember that the same thing happened to the amphis it as plat and alert only too but it got a bp just like all the others they will add the bp for now there just masking us want it and look for it.

Just a speculation but could it be possible that DE isn't generating the income they need atm? which pushed them to this decision? i mean let's be honest the only thing they actually get money off atm is Potatoes, Founder's package, color and slots.. which is not alot it's been so long since the initial release of the founder's package and probably the reason it's still going on is because it is the one that's giving them the most income.. to be honest I don't think anyone has ever bought any weapons with platinum outside of the founder's package platinum perhaps the glaive is a way for them to get some income? Just a theory XD

At the end of the day. I think it was a good move to make the glaive an EARNED weapon rather then bought. Makes it equally as legendary as the Black Sword.

Not if you can just buy it if you want. It's like making an orange in wow available if you pay 10 dollars. Takes away a ton of the "rareness" effect if some person who just joined can get it on a whim.

Just a speculation but could it be possible that DE isn't generating the income they need atm? which pushed them to this decision? i mean let's be honest the only thing they actually get money off atm is Potatoes, Founder's package, color and slots.. which is not alot it's been so long since the initial release of the founder's package and probably the reason it's still going on is because it is the one that's giving them the most income.. to be honest I don't think anyone has ever bought any weapons with platinum outside of the founder's package platinum perhaps the glaive is a way for them to get some income? Just a theory XD

It is actually of great concern to me that they may be having or soon to be having monetary issues and I have been holding back a model support post because it seems it maybe against terms. (I'm itching to have an excuse to use my copy of 3Ds )

It is definitely in DE's best interest to get community models in play here like TF2, but they currently do not have a way that I know of, and it may be due to agreements or lack of resources, or even fear of us players doing something to damage the game (accidentally or otherwise)

Also, I am still scratching my head on the lack of dispersed content, I know it's in development and they should avoid spamming the market/game with stuff, but they need cash flow AND attention that cool items bring to guarantee growth if they want this to work (at least properly)

Edited by Fjarri

It is actually of great concern to me and I have been holding back a model support post because it seems it maybe against terms. (I'm itching to have an excuse to use my copy of 3Ds )

It is definitely in DE's best interest to get community models in play here like TF2, but they currently do not have a way that I know of, and it may be due to agreements or lack of resources, or even fear of us players doing something to damage the game (accidentally or otherwise)

Also, I am still scratching my head on the lack of dispersed content, I know it's in development and they should avoid spamming the market/game with stuff, but they need cash flow AND attention that cool items bring to guarantee growth if they want this to work (at least properly)

They need more plat-only skins that look awesome

For last time people, DE did NOT hype this weapon at all. All they ever did was say that the mechanics were similar to the dark sector glaive and that it was coming Friday. Any hyping was done by yourselves, so really you can blame yourselves for your dissapointment.

For last time people, DE did NOT hype this weapon at all. All they ever did was say that the mechanics were similar to the dark sector glaive and that it was coming Friday. Any hyping was done by yourselves, so really you can blame yourselves for your dissapointment.

You just practically defined hyping. I mean, announcing a weapon before hand, knowing that it is such an amazing and new weapon that some people have been waiting almost a year to get, is hyping.

You just practically defined hyping. I mean, announcing a weapon before hand, knowing that it is such an amazing and new weapon that some people have been waiting almost a year to get, is hyping.

AHAHAHAHA. Anouncing a weapon is not hyping, they didn't even show a picture of it to anyone but the design council (which they showed the day before it released.) Hyping would be making videos of how awesome the glaive is and having the devs gush all over the glaive. They did not do that.

It's becoming a fight between those who wants the BP and those who doesn't want it.

Not quite, I wanted it but I don't see the issue with how it was released so I'm calling out all the petulant children.

Edited by Avenwing

As I've discussed before:

The people who are being blamed for the "hype" aren't even paid to deal with that side of things. They aren't paid to calculate community reaction and decide the best course of action. They want to be open and honest with the community, the community turns it into hype.

You have a decision before you, therefore: would you prefer DE never spoke to us, or would you rather them run the risk of having hype+backlash on occasion?

Because that is exactly the issue at hand.

AHAHAHAHA. Anouncing a weapon is not hyping, they didn't even show a picture of it to anyone but the design council (which they showed the day before it released.) Hyping would be making videos of how awesome the glaive is and having the devs gush all over the glaive. They did not do that.

You know, except in the livestream, where the devs were extremely excited for it and showed concept art of it to everyone. But other than that, i guess there was no videos, right?

Noun
  1. Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
  2. A hypodermic needle or injection.

Verb
  1. Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
  2. Stimulate or excite (someone): "I was hyped up because I wanted to do well".

The definition of hype, none of that was done.

What the hell are you talking about? In none of the livestreams were the devs "extremely excited about it"

Edited by Avenwing

You know, except in the livestream, where the devs were extremely excited for it and showed concept art of it to everyone. But other than that, i guess there was no videos, right?

They didn't show concept art of IT, they showed concept art it was in and they didn't even know if they were allowed to talk about it yet.

This is a VERY important distinction.

They want to be open and honest with the community

You mean like telling a good majority of the player base that they would have to pray to the RNG god, or just letting them feel the full force of the dissapointment and blatant marketing scheme on their f2p players.

By the way, did you have armour piercing on your Glaive? That appears to reduce its damage against Grineer. No idea what else might have dropped your damage against infested; I put in a Killing Blow mod and do 300 damage on normal hit, 900 damage on light infested and 1800 damage on light infested headshots.

Sometimes 9000 on leapers for some reason, dunno why.

I'm skipping on the hype debate for now because I'm too tired, but suffice to say that from what I can see, DE did not hype it deliberately. However, they saw the reaction on the forums. I believe that in the future, hype of this sort in the forums should be taken as an indication not to release the weapon in the way that they did. Creates backlash, etc etc.

*crashes into bed*

You mean like telling a good majority of the player base that they would have to pray to the RNG god, or just letting them feel the full force of the dissapointment and blatant marketing scheme on their f2p players.

I can't talk to you if all you're going to do is take fragments of what I say out of context.

Given that, let's break this down.

In F2P, it is rational to cultivate player loyalty.

DE ARE RATIONAL PEOPLE.

Humans are not perfect.

DE ARE HUMAN.

Given this, we can conclude:

MOST LIKELY, DE WOULD NOT INTENTIONALLY ALIENATE THEIR USERBASE. MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE.

And they have said that they want to make this a learning experience and avoid upsetting the community in the future, so applying evil motives to them is at direct odds with every single thing they have shown the community throughout the existence of Warframe.