The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

There is a VIP capsule that allows you to do the raids twice a day. You have to remember though, this (Vindictus) is a Korean game and it's all about grinding for 10 years to get one item.

Which comes back to my point, it is not a gameplay mechanic, it is just a feature to make you grind so that you play the game more over time.

It would be like Warframe allowing you to only do each boss once a day and if you pay you can do it 2 times, not really a gameplay mechanic (though i really hope DE isn't looking at this post).

Mang, I bet they sell more lingerie than Victoria secret. XD

Gameplay and game mechanics are nearly interchangeable.

Gameplay requires you to actually be interacting with the game. If that interacting isn't happening it isn't gameplay.

If I'm playing Katamari Damacy and checking Twitter here and there I am not playing Warframe. That is not Gameplay. Well, it is Katamari Damacy gameplay, but not Warframe's.

If the Alert pops and I log in? Gameplay now. It is gameplay as long as I'm actually playing. Then it isn't again if I hop offline.

Like I said earlier - you simply cannot be playing and not playing a game at the same time. Monitoring a Twitter feed is not a player interacting with the game.

If you want to call that gameplay you'd have to call it Twitter gameplay.

Gameplay requires you to actually be interacting with the game. If that interacting isn't happening it isn't gameplay.

If I'm playing Katamari Damacy and checking Twitter here and there I am not playing Warframe. That is not Gameplay. Well, it is Katamari Damacy gameplay, but not Warframe's.

If the Alert pops and I log in? Gameplay now. It is gameplay as long as I'm actually playing. Then it isn't again if I hop offline.

Like I said earlier - you simply cannot be playing and not playing a game at the same time. Monitoring a Twitter feed is not a player interacting with the game.

If you want to call that gameplay you'd have to call it Twitter gameplay.

I edited my post while you were typing.

I edited my post while you were typing.

I saw -

See that is a different story. Interacting with the game mechanics is gameplay (It is why you are right but he would be wrong)- but Twitter is not a game mechanic. It just isn't. Alerts are - but you aren't really interacting with them by watching a twitter feed reporting their activity.

This other guy seems to keep implying that you don't have to actually play in order to be taking part in Gameplay. This doesn't make any sense - of course you do - otherwise you aren't actually interacting with the game. 

From the moment you log in it is gameplay. The moment you log out it isn't. The Twitter feed is just a monitoring station to warn you when to log in for more gameplay - but it isn't gameplay watching it. That isn't interacting with the game at all, that is a Twitter feed.

Edited by Blatantfool

I saw -

See that is a different story. Interacting with the game mechanics is gameplay (It is why you are right but he would be wrong)- but Twitter is not a game mechanic. It just isn't. Alerts are - but you aren't really interacting with them by watching a twitter feed reporting their activity.

This other guy seems to keep implying that you don't have to actually play in order to be taking part in Gameplay. This doesn't make any sense - of course you do - otherwise you aren't actually interacting with the game. 

From the moment you log in it is gameplay. The moment you log out it isn't. The Twitter feed is just a monitoring station to warn you when to log in for more gameplay - but it isn't gameplay watching it. That isn't interacting with the game at all, that is a Twitter feed.

Glad we're on the same page here. Just not on the rest of the thread. XD

Glad we're on the same page here. Just not on the rest of the thread. XD

We probably agree on quite a few things. There is an extent to which I allow myself to play Devil's Advocate when I talk on these forums. 

Although I'm pretty forward about why I think this update caused a fuss and I've been saying exactly what I think needs to happen in the future to avoid more like this.

If the update had the Glaive sitting as a Mastery 5 or 6 Weapon BP in the Shop? No problem. Wouldn't have caused a fuss NEARLY this bad. Many people have been saying it, I'm happy to back that up.

Well I for one think it is a good idea to have some items like the glaive harder to obtain through normal gameplay. And the devs do not need to worry... I will upgrade to GM to balance out the self entitled OP for them. Keep up the good work.

I saw -

I have never once in this thread argued that watching a twitter feed is gameplay. My entire point has always been that alerts are an element of gameplay, whether you are watching a twitter feed or in game when it pops up is irelivent, the alert itself is gameplay.

Well I for one think it is a good idea to have some items like the glaive harder to obtain through normal gameplay. And the devs do not need to worry... I will upgrade to GM to balance out the self entitled OP for them. Keep up the good work.

Hard to obtain wouldn't have caused a fuss like this. Most of the fuss is about how it is random to obtain.

I have never once in this thread argued that watching a twitter feed is gameplay. My entire point has always been that alerts are an element of gameplay, whether you are watching a twitter feed or in game when it pops up is irelivent, the alert itself is gameplay.

Then I almost HAVE to have been misreading. I'm going to sweep back over your posts. Can you see why I've been so absolutely confused here?

It'd figure the whole time I've misunderstood. Like I said, no big deal. I'll wrap around and check to make sure.

Edit: It does seem like I had your point wrong. Consider that acknowledged.

Well then, more in response to the point you where ACTUALLY trying to make, instead of the one I apparently though you where making.

That is a problem that deserves fixing. Too many players seem to be sitting out and not playing in the mean time. The game needs a stronger base to justify actually sticking into it and playing Warframe. Like I said to Avenwing - I feel like the Glaive is not the cause of a problem or the symptom of a new one - it is just making a problem already established a little more obvious now that the hype train derailed and people want to address their disappointment.

The Glaive dragged the fact that players want more to earn out into the light. DE needs to jump on that.

Edited by Blatantfool

Then I almost HAVE to have been misreading. I'm going to sweep back over your posts. Can you see why I've been so absolutely confused here?

It'd figure the whole time I've misunderstood. Like I said, no big deal. I'll wrap around and check to make sure.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most proficient at explaining my thought process. I aplogize if I've misspoken at some point.

Understand this: the glaive is not hard to obtain through "normal gameplay." Banshee is hard to obtain through normal gameplay. Excalibur is hard to obtain through normal gameplay. Nyx is arguably hard to obtain through normal gameplay.

Alerts are in no way hard. At worst they're tedious like the level 77 Jackal alerts. Glaive blueprint will be obtained entirely through either dumb luck (which is totally separate from banshee or blueprint RNG, by the way) or forking over cash.

Edit: I mean, I have multiple helmets and every artifact (I think). Were those hard to get? The only hard part was gathering the alloy plate for the helmets. THAT was effort and work, not checking twitter.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

I think what a lot of people are trying to get across is that the glaive as it is now isn't exactly "hard to obtain through normal gameplay", but that currently it would only be rewarded by luck of the draw if you're not working or busy during the time the alert comes up. It's artificial difficulty instead of compelling and engaging difficulty.

You can't really say that someone is a skilled russian roulette player, and nobody can really say that it takes effort to obtain the glaive right now. You either win the item lottery or you pull out the trusty credit card and shell out a few bucks. Neither is really satisfying on a gameplay level and I think that this whole debacle just really shone light on why the current alert system is kind of crappy. 

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most proficient at explaining my thought process. I aplogize if I've misspoken at some point.

You didn't. Apparently I just turn into a moron whenever I'm watching so many posts at once. I think I almost had to have ended up going fast enough through new posts that I tied multiple arguments together into a mess. It is my fault, not yours.

Edited by Blatantfool

"I was planning to upgrade to Grand Master when my monthly payment arrived, since I agreed with the desicions made by devs... But this -_- as if this isn't the same company i supported so far."

This is the most $&*&*#(%&, and over-used empty threat on the internet.

I am extremely disappointed in DE for not making a day 1 alert for it.

You hype the damn weapon, a weapon with new mechanics.  And we can't even try it without waiting for an ungodly amount of time or spending TEN DOLLARS.

Ridiculous.

"I was planning to upgrade to Grand Master when my monthly payment arrived, since I agreed with the desicions made by devs... But this -_- as if this isn't the same company i supported so far."

This is the most $&*&*#(%&, and over-used empty threat on the internet.

This is true. Still, he is just trying to make his point.

It is, but while an option it is, it is one I shall choose not to exercise. ;)

Heh, fair enough. You should read a lot of the more recent stuff. Earlier in the thread is just people pissed because the hype train derailed. Its calmed down a bit and people are talking more about why it made people made in the first place. A lot of the conversation has turned constructive rather then just rambling.

How did this thread hit page 31? Come on, seriously, HOW? It was just started by a self-entitled idiot who couldn't even read that the blueprints are available in Alerts. And yet somehow, some way, the community decided this thread deserved the effort of bumping it up to PAGE 31. I have never seen a thread hit higher than page 30 aside from an Update thread. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??!! Ever heard of "don't feed the trolls"?

As for my take on the Glaive issue, I would actually rather it just not be available in market at all. Not even with plat. Just either keep it as Alert-only, or put it as a BP drop from a boss. Make it a little unique, make people EARN it. Being the only throwable melee weapon, and a dang good one at that, something special like this really deserves to be harder to get than just being awake when the right alert shows up or farming up credits to buy from the market. Instead, the devs can make a few skins for Glaive and put THAT in the market for plat-only to monetize.

I am extremely disappointed in DE for not making a day 1 alert for it.

You hype the damn weapon, a weapon with new mechanics.  And we can't even try it without waiting for an ungodly amount of time or spending TEN DOLLARS.

Ridiculous.

They should make it up to the community by launching a Water Frame next. Just saying.

How did this thread hit page 31? Come on, seriously, HOW? It was just started by a self-entitled idiot who couldn't even read that the blueprints are available in Alerts. And yet somehow, some way, the community decided this thread deserved the effort of bumping it up to PAGE 31. I have never seen a thread hit higher than page 30 aside from an Update thread. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??!! Ever heard of "don't feed the trolls"?

As for my take on the Glaive issue, I would actually rather it just not be available in market at all. Not even with plat. Just either keep it as Alert-only, or put it as a BP drop from a boss. Make it a little unique, make people EARN it. Being the only throwable melee weapon, and a dang good one at that, something special like this really deserves to be harder to get than just being awake when the right alert shows up or farming up credits to buy from the market. Instead, the devs can make a few skins for Glaive and put THAT in the market for plat-only to monetize.

Read the thread. Now that they whole hype train crashing thing has blown over most of the people discussing it aren't even mad about it. Just disappointed and talking about how/why DE should avoid it in the future and what it was that made it so bad.

Even rambling threads can eventually turn into constructive feedback.