The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

what about adding a normal glaive bp to the market

and then  an enhanced ( fire,dark etc)  version to the alert & for plat :p 

that way, Free players can still try out the anticipated glaive, while plat & alert players still can get something special. 

Suggested by many, including you now :) I would definitely prefer that. Imagine how cool would it be if it had a Darkish glow to it which leaves some stylish glow in it's way.

Edited by Sikab

1) Glaive: Everyone who used this weapon is giving very positive feedback about it, so that is not my concern. My concern, however, is the availability of these weapons. I don't mind the blueprints not being in the market, in fact, I tend to appreciate rare weapons, it makes them more unique and priced. Making this weapon an alert reward, however, is a serious mistake. Alerts are extremely arbitrary and require no challenge except being present when they appear. Going for dinner for 30 minutes can be enough to miss a valuable alert. There is no challenge, there is just RNG, and it's not even something you can work towards to (unlike trying to get blueprints for a warframe, for example). You just need to be present at the right (and brief) time one of these alerts pops up.

A much better choice, however, would have been making these valuable blueprints drop from a challenging mission, so earning the Glaive can actually be a goal that you have to work for, which makes it more satisfying to accomplish. Right now, since we don't have difficulty modes yet, I would make it sometimes appear as very high defense mission rewards. Defense mission rewards need a tweak since ages, I'm tired of getting Hellfire at wave 30...so why not make the rewards scale, with high wave rewards having chances of being Banshee Blueprints, valuable rare mods, and maybe Glaive Blueprints?

This would make the weapon rare, keeping platinum as a way to get it fast, but it would remove the annoying and dishearteningly arbitrary alert hunt.

+1 Elegant solution that wont cater to the "instant gratification" types. 

Edited by Fornicate

For those supporting us, thank you!

What do you mean THOSE supporting us?

Supporting the idea behind the Glavie as plat only, instead creating sevearal skin for it as plat only like the skin for sentinels? or

Supporting the game it self? or

Support the Devs team, which was very community orientated?

I believe most players here, paying or not paying all are supportive to you guys.

It really a bad sign to see you guys singling out player groups.

This is crazy - the last thing we want is you guys tearing each other apart over an Update.

The facts are that the Glaive was introduced, and can be acquired with Platinum or on a "?" Alert Drop.

There seems to be discontent coming from a lot of posts, all of which are being noted. For those supporting us, thank you!

Now it becomes "How do we deal with updates moving forward?", "What is needed from us to keep the community better informed" ...  lot of questions for us to answer.

This is a fair way to deal with it. Thank you.

+1 Elegant solution that wont cater to the "instant gratification" types. 

That was my personal suggestion also. A reward for defense mission after a very high Wave maybe? Wave 40 for example is pretty hard to get to :)

Edited by Sikab

What do you mean THOSE supporting us?

Supporting the idea behind the Glavie as plat only, instead creating sevearal skin for it as plat only like the skin for sentinels? or

Supporting the game it self? or

Support the Devs team, which was very community orientated?

I believe most players here, paying or not paying all are supportive to you guys.

well obviously there are posts where people said "people will quit because of this" = no support

Heck the title of this thread clearly shows he no longer supports DE 

"NO GLAIVE BLUEPRINT? FINE, NO SUPPORT FROM ME."

Edited by GrimJr

I support DE even in this decision. People should CONSIDER that the reason they do this game is, after all, money. And that's ok. No, really, that's ok. They don't force you to pay for the game, they let you play and do whatever you want and when ONE weapon that yoy can only get by paying hits the game, people started crying like spoiled little kids.
I aplaud DE and their efforts on this game and in not making money mandatory to win. Please people, start considering that they want money. And as long as they don't force they players for it, they can tempt you with whatever the hell they want.

well obviously there are posts where people said "people will quit because of this" = no support

He is a Master founder, he have supported this game;

Where he will further support the game or not, you can not deny he has been supporting this game.

Well, the title of the thread kinda.. Yeah.

but still keep it on alerts because getting to wave 30+ is hard without a good group of members and with the randomness of pubs :\

Yeah, definitely. It just makes it so that you can get it with skill and not just RNG. 

Maybe i could have picked better wording. But i thought this would attract more attention :)

But i did mean what I said, but maybe not as how i said. What i meant is I'm not supporting this decision, and If this trend continues, then my trust is lost.

For now, it's like some1 pooped into my lollipop dream, and made it a nightmare.

Edited by Sikab

This is crazy - the last thing we want is you guys tearing each other apart over an Update.

The facts are that the Glaive was introduced, and can be acquired with Platinum or on a "?" Alert Drop.

There seems to be discontent coming from a lot of posts, all of which are being noted. For those supporting us, thank you!

Now it becomes "How do we deal with updates moving forward?", "What is needed from us to keep the community better informed" ...  lot of questions for us to answer.

Thank you for taking the time to answer - it does mean quite a bit to us as the fanbase to see you as the developers so responsive.

So, here are my thoughts, after reading a few threads, and giving the matter some thought.  Please take these thoughts for what they're worth to you.

If DE's intent was to have the Glaive be one of those rare, hard-to-find, signature weapons that everyone hunts for, then your decision makes sense.  However, because so many people were waiting (semi)patiently for it, there's quite a bit of shock about having it only available for platinum.  I get why the decision was made to include the item itself, and not its blueprint in the stores - if I'm understanding right, the intent was to make it similar in rarity to the Dark Sword and other items.

However, the Glaive is one of those hot, sought-after items that all of us have been salivating to get our hands on ever since we first saw the sketches for it.

So, the simplest solution I can think of to satisfy both what you want, and what the player base wants, is to just force the GlaIve blueprints into a 12-hour alert if you can soon, or several normal alerts for the next week, and then taper off as time goes on.

There is no way I'd be willing to support DE in going against the one thing everyone on this forum likes to compliment them for.

I've talked a lot about the pricing and cash shop, some of my opinions are positive - others negative - but one absolute fact is that until now absolutely anything that had a gameplay impact was obtainable in a pretty agreeable way.

This, however, is not agreeable. I'm not okay with the introduction of a weapon that DE intends me to get lucky to obtain or spit out some cash for. 

Amphis, Grakata, Ankyros, Mire, Boltor - this is a tiny list of examples of how DE has already been introducing weapons in a perfectly acceptable fashion.

This will be the first weapon, however, that was introduced through Tenno Reinforcement updates available only through straightforward payment or dumb luck.

I simply wont support it. Neither will many of the friends I play with. 

It only makes matters worse you drummed up so much hype about this. Plenty of people have been farming since they found out the weapon was coming just to be ready for buying the BP and having it tomorrow. This release has spat on that time spent.

Edit: As an afterthought - I want to throw out a bit more on what I mean by 'I wont support it, neither will my friends.'

We will not pay for the Glaive. Ever. Or any other weapon you launch in this fashion. The other weapon releases where done right, this was simply done wrong. You wont make a cent on this item from myself and anyone I can warn fast enough to be wary.

Inevitably I'll snag it free, that is fine. Maybe I'll like the weapon too. But that is besides the point. There is simply 0 chance I'm willing to pay if you want to start springing weapons with "Pay or take your chances."

My answer is "I'll take me chances.", because that kind of attitude has no value to me. You want to be like that then you simply wont make money from this guy off those items. I simply refuse to spend on that method.

Edited by Blatantfool

And what you think what makes more cash?

The option to force a handful of players onto dishing out 10-15$ for 1 weapon...

Or Letting ppl buy the BP with let's say 4-5day Craft time... So they could think about Purchasing a 5$ pack, make a Rush on the craft for 40Plat, and buy a Potato for it for 20Plat...

^^ That seems much more appealing.

Not to mention while F2P players gather materials for the Recipe, they become a content for those who pay for the game, which results in more Zones are crowded, which results in more happy players.

Of couse your idea is much more appealing, but it is also flawed. If you did it that way the majority of people would just spend 10-20 dollars buying the items they want and never spend money again. Waiting 4-5 days is nothing when you're already playing with items you enjoy, play other games or have other hobbies.

10-15 dollars is too much for a single item though but hey, if people are buying stuff for that price then you only have your peers to blame.

I really don't see the point of this thread anymore, what needs to be said is said and the devs already know about it.

This is only a small update and is subjected to change, like it or not, you'll just have to deal with it until the next update/fix. 

He is a Master founder, he have supported this game;

Where he will further support the game or not, you can not deny he has been supporting this game.

Emphasis on "no longer" I didn't say he didn't support them just that he stopped supporting them.. well according to him that is

I think everyone needs to remember that this being a beta game pretty much means that a lot of what we're seeing are under a testing phase. This includes pricing for platinum, availability/distribution of new items etc. the way they market their items and bundles to see just how we players respond. 

I don't agree with the way the glaive has been introduced, like most of the players posting around here. I think we're doing a good job of getting our feedback across, so yeah.

While I agree with the Lotus I also find this highly entertaining.

There is no way I'd be willing to support DE in going against the one thing everyone on this forum likes to compliment them for.

I've talked a lot about the pricing and cash shop, some of my opinions are positive - others negative - but one absolute fact is that until now absolutely anything that had a gameplay impact was obtainable in a pretty agreeable way.

This, however, is not agreeable. I'm not okay with the introduction of a weapon that DE intends me to get lucky to obtain or spit out some cash for. 

Amphis, Grakata, Ankyros, Mire, Boltor - this is a tiny list of examples of how DE has already been introducing weapons in a perfectly acceptable fashion.

This will be the first weapon, however, that was introduced through Tenno Reinforcement updates available only through straightforward payment or dumb luck.

I simply wont support it. Neither will many of the friends I play with. 

It only makes matters worse you drummed up so much hype about this. Plenty of people have been farming since they found out the weapon was coming just to be ready for buying the BP and having it tomorrow. This release has spat on that time spent.

I will repeat what has been said before. In no way did DE hype this. They forgot they even announced it just two days ago on the livestream. This is ENTIRELY the community's hypebuilding, they are innocent of this. They did no marketing, drummed up no hype, nothing.

EDIT: pooptextfixed

Edited by nullqasael

Emphasis on "no longer" I didn't say he didn't support them just that he stopped supporting them.. well according to him that is

Still waiting for them to be cool and say "hey since a lot of ppl requested, here's the blueprint for XY credits".

Edited by Sikab

You people take everything out of context to fit it with your warped views.

He does not support DEs move on releaseing a hyped weapon for Plat only, forcing every one to pay.

Sometimes if you support something you have to point out the mistakes to help.

Just putting my two credits in here, but to all those who say that the hype was entirely community created, your ignoring all the teasers they gave of it before the update. E.G. the literal teaser image put up awhile ago. Not to mention not the live feed created a huge uproar even before that image was out...