Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo; Great Idea, Could Have Been Done Better. (Was I The Only One Thinking Of Soul Reaver When They Said We Get A Dimensional Frame? I

Innocent_Flower

- The flames on the characters in the rift are very obstructive. They make it downright difficult to see the character, any character closely behind them and can also be confused as the products of other abilities (shadows of the dead) It's clear that you need a different effect for this. My suggestion: 

Add transparancy to everyone not on your plane. If you're normal and a character is banished; he'l be transparent like a ghost. If you're banished then every other normal character will be transparent. Incredibly functional; Those you can't shoot will have a visual indicator telling you that you can't shoot them. Plus you can see through characters to target characters you can shoot. 

- Give allies the power to return from banishment by 1,2,3,4. Make up some rule about how other warframes can't use their abilities in the void, so that the attempt of using their abilities causes them to come back to the normal world. 

Allow the player to walk through characters if they're not on the same plane, but have doors ignore a character in the rift. 

- Energy. Make it so that by using one ability of limbo's the other abilities become temporarily cheaper and faster. Currently you can't use one straight after the other; making limbo clunky. 

The ultimate. Make it so that players can shoot into the cataclysm, removing most of the inconvenience of that ability

Ability 3 is redundant. Replace? .

The limbo screen effect. It currently is neither visually appealing nor positively affecting gameplay. Possible solutions include

- Colouring everything to limbo's energy colour. 

- Invert the colour of textures (white snow becomes black, green leaves go purple) whilst keeping lighting the same.(probably quite hard, but could be really cool) 

- Invert the amount of light everything gets.Dark corners illuminated, well lit areas go dark. Orange light becomes blue (probably very hard, but very cool)

Distort sounds like an instrument's amplifier.

OR 

Deafen the sounds of everything not on your plane, but keep everything on the same plane normal. 

You're not the only one who thought of Soul Reaver.

Transparency would be excellent, and - I think - an obvious choice, which makes me think that it's technically difficult to do.

I would love no clipping while in Rift (Infested dogpiles come to mind), but making doors ignore you would be bad (unless you clip through them too).

Players can 'unBanish' by rolling or backflipping, now.

Energy I'm mostly alright with (note: with 75% efficiency). Casting speed as well.

Rift screen effect I find situationally too dark, but it's better than it was.