The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failed To Join Session, Strict Nat And Ports Dilemma ?!

SmokinDice

Question

Hi,

Im devastated..

I keep getting these F*ing failed to join... and people cant join me... BUT the weird thing is... its not always.. sometimes it works all perfectly fine.. and sometimes I cant even join a F*ing Dojo.. I missed out on 4 great trades now.. because we were unable to connect to each other.. and its so stupid.. I can play, host and join random games normally.. but the moment I try to invite someone or the other way around the game say NO.. for no reason at all..

I dont understand it.. I have the ports forwarded, I have my firewall disabled, I tried EVERYTHING.. and I still always get this stupid Strict NAT, uPnP, UDP forward Error when I log in...

PLEASE HELP ME... D:

7 answers to this question

Did you configure your computer and router/modem accordingly?

Yes I think so.. I port forwarded, I have my firewall disabled..

I just tried with a clan mate.. he could invite me and the one I was trading with...

but the second he left.. I could not invite him again.. its so stupid...

Edited by SmokinDice

Edit: oh nvm, strict NAT. Better get a good network tech to help you out.

I think this is on DE side, begun having this issues 2 days ago I think. Host migration, failed to join someone's dojo for trade, liset mission start animation going on and on, etc.

Edited by Dalawantahr

Here's the normal troubleshooting I tell people when dealing with strict NAT.

1. Turn the modem and/or router off, leave it off for 30 seconds, turn it back on.

2. Forward your ports accordingly to the ports that your Warframe client uses, Esc > Options > Gameplay > Network Ports [uDP]

3. Forward your ports also in your router, if possible.

3. Add the Warframe client as an exclusion in your firewall

4. Run Warframe as administrator, if you haven't already.

And if all that fails with multiple tries, I'd suggest reinstalling it.  If you used steam to download it, possibly try the download from the website instead, might have an effect.

Edit: added #3.

Edited by xFayt

1. Turn the modem and/or router off, leave it off for 30 seconds, turn it back on.

2. Forward your ports accordingly to the ports that your Warframe client uses, Esc > Options > Gameplay > Network Ports [uDP]

And if all that fails with multiple tries, I'd suggest reinstalling it.  If you used steam to download it, possibly try the download from the website instead, might have an effect.

Did all that multiple times...

I don't think that this is client side file bug, because I had same issue while logging in fron anotehr device and playing from other Warframe profile. It is just a global network problem.