Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Overall Usefullness When Compared To The Other Melee Weapons.

Renan.Ruivo

Just on the note of bugs i have had the glave not return to me on two games last night

if you hold block he just holds his hand up and you cant slash or throw it 

i didn't get a screen shots of it as it was at the end of defense level 18-20

if it happens i will try to get a screen shot and post it

Just on the note of bugs i have had the glave not return to me on two games last night

if you hold block he just holds his hand up and you cant slash or throw it 

i didn't get a screen shots of it as it was at the end of defense level 18-20

if it happens i will try to get a screen shot and post it

This one is not directly related to the glaive afaik. It is known to happen with pretty much any melee weapon. I once experienced it with a Gram, and the only way i could get out of this was throwing myself at a grineer shield lancer so that he would knock the S#&$ out of me.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

This one is not directly related to the glaive afaik. It is known to happen with pretty much any melee weapon. I once experienced it with a Gram, and the only way i could get out of this was throwing myself at a grineer shield lancer so that he would knock the S#&$ out of me.

Thanks Renan.ruivo haven't had it happen with other melee weapons but did leave me in a bit of a bind as i was out of arrows in my bow and only had low level sidearm  had to just take the damage and hope the others in the team will come to help finish the round

Personally I am quite happy with the way the glaive functions. I'm yet to mod mine, but as far as it's base characteristic go - I think DE has made an interesting, unique alternative melee weapon. By adding the functionality of a ranged melee attack, the glaive has added a versatility to my combat style that wasn't previously availible. Now I can throw out my bladed disk while reloading, to keep pesky infected chargers off my back. I can send it in before I start attacking, to stun ancients and heavy grineer so they don't pummel me as I pick off their underlings. 

As for it's flight mechanics, I feel DE ought to be congratulated on designing a system that both works, feels useful, and doesn't stray towards being OP. I don't really feel that, as has been suggested - it should fly in a straight path dismembering all who get in it's way, because that's simply too powerful for a melee weapon. Even a fully modded sword in the hands of a skilled player, can't cut it's way through 5> enemies in a row. (Unless we're talking Venus, but that's hardly a point of reference)